Wood Computer Cases

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Doug Shellhart, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. Doug Shellhart, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Doug Shellhart

    JD Guest

    JD, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Shane Metzler, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Doug Shellhart

    JD Guest

    "Shane Metzler" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | Expensive.
    |
    | "Doug Shellhart" <> wrote in message
    | news:...
    | > http://www.exoticwoodcrafts.com

    Not to mention they are building the wood round an existing case .. hmmm
    wooden case or oven ?!?
    JD, Apr 21, 2004
  5. Doug Shellhart

    Plato Guest

    Doug Shellhart wrote:

    > http://www.exaotsicwsoodscrafts.com

    Wood? Nice idea. That wood be my first choice when building a PC when
    anyone knows that the PS can flame up if it goes bad. Good to have wood
    there that's non flamable eh? I think I'll go wood and put my PC next to
    my curtians and make sure I keep some papers on top of it for added
    fuel.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 22, 2004
  6. Doug Shellhart

    Beachcomber Guest

    On 22 Apr 2004 00:40:10 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Doug Shellhart wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.exaotsicwsoodscrafts.com

    >Wood? Nice idea. That wood be my first choice when building a PC when
    >anyone knows that the PS can flame up if it goes bad. Good to have wood
    >there that's non flamable eh? I think I'll go wood and put my PC next to
    >my curtians and make sure I keep some papers on top of it for added
    >fuel.

    How does the wood meet FCC RF Emmission requirements?
    Beachcomber, Apr 22, 2004
  7. Doug Shellhart

    Thor Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Doug Shellhart wrote:
    > >
    > > http://www.exaotsicwsoodscrafts.com

    > Wood? Nice idea. That wood be my first choice when building a PC when
    > anyone knows that the PS can flame up if it goes bad. Good to have wood
    > there that's non flamable eh? I think I'll go wood and put my PC next to
    > my curtians and make sure I keep some papers on top of it for added
    > fuel.

    I dunno, man. I don't much of a difference between using wood, and having a
    PC case with mostly plastic, as most are today. Either one is a fire hazard
    to a degree, if the unit decides to flame up. You can also get special spray
    coating treatments that will make wood much more resistant to catching fire,
    at least for awhile when exposed to flames.
    Thor, Apr 22, 2004
  8. Doug Shellhart

    Rv! Guest

    > How does the wood meet FCC RF Emmission requirements?

    Because it's a stick on laminate over a normal PC case.
    As longs as they don't stop the metal to metal links there
    should be no problems.

    Rv!
    Rv!, Apr 22, 2004
  9. Doug Shellhart

    Plato Guest

    Beachcomber wrote:

    > How does the wood meet FCC RF Emmission requirements?

    Prolly its not pressue treated wood :)
    Plato, Apr 23, 2004
  10. Doug Shellhart

    Michael-NC Guest

    That's why I detest those plexi-glass window kits. Plexi-glass burns pretty
    easy.

    (knock on wood for those that have them)

    No pun intended...

    Michael-NC, Apr 24, 2004
  11. Doug Shellhart

    Thor Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message
    > That's why I detest those plexi-glass window kits. Plexi-glass burns

    pretty
    > easy.

    I have one. I really don't worry about it. The risk of a PC completely going
    up in flames is pretty remote anyway. Virtually all PCs have some amount of
    flammable plastic, whether it's in the form of the side covers, trim pieces,
    or the front bezel. I don't think a piece of plexiglass on the side will
    really make that much difference in the big picture.
    Thor, Apr 24, 2004
  12. Doug Shellhart

    Plato Guest

    Thor wrote:

    > I have one. I really don't worry about it. The risk of a PC completely going
    > up in flames is pretty remote anyway. Virtually all PCs have some amount of

    You'd prolly have better odds doing super model than seeing your PC go
    up in flames.
    Plato, Apr 24, 2004
  13. Doug Shellhart

    Thor Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Thor wrote:
    > >
    > > I have one. I really don't worry about it. The risk of a PC completely

    going
    > > up in flames is pretty remote anyway. Virtually all PCs have some amount

    of

    > You'd prolly have better odds doing super model than seeing your PC go
    > up in flames.

    LOL! Now that's a disturbing thought.
    Thor, Apr 24, 2004
  14. Doug Shellhart

    Plato Guest

    Thor wrote:

    > > You'd prolly have better odds doing super model than seeing your PC go
    > > up in flames.

    > LOL! Now that's a disturbing thought.

    I did Ms. America once. Honestly. OK the whole grissly truth. Before she
    was Ms. America she was a little sister at my fraternity. We sponsored
    her for Homecoming Queen which she won. Then she went on to become the
    state Ms. and then onto Atlantic City for the Roses. It wasn't as cool
    as you'd think. The next morning when us bros were bullshitting in the
    living room I found out I got sloppy seconds. I wondered what that bad
    taste in my mouth was :)
    Plato, Apr 24, 2004
  15. Doug Shellhart

    Rv! Guest

    >I wondered what that bad taste in my mouth was :)

    You know I was really quite enjoying the story up
    to that point! I'll try no to think of it as I sleep
    tonight.

    Rv!
    (0230hrs and still awake and scarily sober!)
    Rv!, Apr 25, 2004
  16. Doug Shellhart

    Thor Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Thor wrote:
    > >
    > > > You'd prolly have better odds doing super model than seeing your PC go
    > > > up in flames.

    > > LOL! Now that's a disturbing thought.

    > I did Ms. America once. Honestly. OK the whole grissly truth. Before she
    > was Ms. America she was a little sister at my fraternity. We sponsored
    > her for Homecoming Queen which she won. Then she went on to become the
    > state Ms. and then onto Atlantic City for the Roses. It wasn't as cool
    > as you'd think. The next morning when us bros were bullshitting in the
    > living room I found out I got sloppy seconds. I wondered what that bad
    > taste in my mouth was :)

    EWWW! TMI

    (TOO MUCH INFORMATION) heh, heh.
    Thor, Apr 25, 2004