    My pc starts to boot up & then freezes half way through the memory test.
    The motherboard is an Asus with an amd 2600 cpu.
    Help required please!!!!
    JS, Oct 23, 2006

  2. JS

    Ron Guest

    Just a wild guess, but have you checked the memory?
    Ron

    Ron, Oct 23, 2006

  3. JS

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "JS" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > My pc starts to boot up & then freezes half way through the memory test.
    > The motherboard is an Asus with an amd 2600 cpu.
    > Help required please!!!!

    Gettings as far as it does, could be a problem with the hard drive. Suggest
    testing with the diagnostic utility that would have come with it, else go to
    the manufacturer's website, download onto a floppy(or burn to a CD), then
    run a test. But in the BIOS setup make sure you have it so that whichever
    device is used is set as the first one to boot from.
    Mark Mandell, Oct 24, 2006
  4. JS

    Baron Guest

    JS wrote:

    > Hi,
    > My pc starts to boot up & then freezes half way through the memory
    > test. The motherboard is an Asus with an amd 2600 cpu.
    > Help required please!!!!

    Probably a memory failure ! If you have more than one memory module,
    remove one and try again. If the problem persists, swap them and
    retry.

    Try "memtest" memtest.org To test the memory.
    Baron, Oct 24, 2006