    I have to re-install a server for one of my clients. It has an OEM
    Windows Svr Std 2003 COA affixed to the case, however they have no
    install media. Where/how is easiest method to get replacement media?
    EMB, Jun 6, 2007

  2. EMB

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:30:17 +1200, EMB <> exclaimed:

    >I have to re-install a server for one of my clients. It has an OEM
    >Windows Svr Std 2003 COA affixed to the case, however they have no
    >install media. Where/how is easiest method to get replacement media?

    The easiest way is to download it from a dodgy site.

    The other option is to ring Microsoft, and pay $50 for a media kit to
    be sent.
    Fred Dagg, Jun 6, 2007

  3. Contact the OEM vendor and pay for the media.

    Thanks

    Craig Whitmore, Jun 6, 2007
  4. EMB

    Tony Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:30:17 +1200, EMB <> exclaimed:
    >
    >> I have to re-install a server for one of my clients. It has an OEM
    >> Windows Svr Std 2003 COA affixed to the case, however they have no
    >> install media. Where/how is easiest method to get replacement media?

    > The easiest way is to download it from a dodgy site.
    >
    > The other option is to ring Microsoft, and pay $50 for a media kit to
    > be sent.

    Downloading it would be a very bad idea. Call the OEM supplier and pay
    the small amount for the media.
    Tony, Jun 6, 2007
  5. EMB

    peterwn Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > I have to re-install a server for one of my clients. It has an OEM
    > Windows Svr Std 2003 COA affixed to the case, however they have no
    > install media. Where/how is easiest method to get replacement media?

    Reload it with Debian Linux.
    peterwn, Jun 6, 2007
  6. Re: Windows Server 2003 media

    In message <newscache$vrz6jj$x05$>, Tony wrote:

    > Downloading it would be a very bad idea.

    Can't you verify MD5 or SHA-1 digests against an authentic copy?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 6, 2007
  7. EMB

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 14:19:07 +1200, Tony
    <> exclaimed:

    >Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:30:17 +1200, EMB <> exclaimed:
    >>
    >>> I have to re-install a server for one of my clients. It has an OEM
    >>> Windows Svr Std 2003 COA affixed to the case, however they have no
    >>> install media. Where/how is easiest method to get replacement media?

    >> The easiest way is to download it from a dodgy site.
    >>
    >> The other option is to ring Microsoft, and pay $50 for a media kit to
    >> be sent.

    >Downloading it would be a very bad idea. Call the OEM supplier and pay
    >the small amount for the media.

    I'm pretty sure you'd be within your rights to download the media, as
    long as you have a legitimate license.
    Fred Dagg, Jun 6, 2007
  8. EMB

    Tony Guest

    > I'm pretty sure you'd be within your rights to download the media, as
    > long as you have a legitimate license.

    The problem is you will need the same OEM version that would have been
    supplied with the server for the key to work correctly.
    Tony, Jun 7, 2007
  9. EMB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > > I'm pretty sure you'd be within your rights to download the media,
    > > as long as you have a legitimate license.

    > The problem is you will need the same OEM version that would have been
    > supplied with the server for the key to work correctly.

    ....or maybe do the switchero that someone posted about for XP? Don't know of
    it works with Server 2003 though. Install a downloaded corporate version (or
    a borrowed version) and then substitute for your own product key using that
    MS tool that was referenced here a month or so back.

    Stab in the dark... I guess you could always call MS and request replacement
    media.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 7, 2007