  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    I was wondering if AT&T pulled the plug on USENET today?
    Wed 15 July 2009, 09:53 PM --500 (Central Daylight Time)
    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    OldGringo38, Jul 16, 2009

  2. OldGringo38

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in
    news:h3m51f$6ua$-september.org:

    > I was wondering if AT&T pulled the plug on USENET today?
    > Wed 15 July 2009, 09:53 PM --500 (Central Daylight Time)

    From another group:

    http://support.att.net/sdchealtop/wpp2/asp/blank_nofeedback.asp?IPCheck=Fal
    se&sprt_cid=d74b6ea9%2Dfcf1%2D4978%2Da253%2Dca6282e6e89f&NoChallenge=True

    Usenet Newsgroups Feature Discontinued

    On or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer provide access to its
    Usenet content for AT&T Internet Services customers.

    Customers wishing to access Usenet newsgroups may do so by finding a
    third-party provider, who will charge a subscription fee.

    We hope you will continue to enjoy your AT&T Internet Services. Thank
    you for choosing AT&T -- Your World. Delivered.

    Sincerely,

    Your AT&T Internet Services Customer Care Team

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 16, 2009

  3. OldGringo38

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:53:03 -0500, OldGringo38
    <> wrote:

    >I was wondering if AT&T pulled the plug on USENET today?
    > Wed 15 July 2009, 09:53 PM --500 (Central Daylight Time)

    Yep. See my note to RtS..

    From: Evan Platt <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: So, to again prove RtS wrong...
    Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 18:28:58 -0700

    Evan Platt, Jul 16, 2009
  4. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The chuckcar Post:
    > OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >
    >> I was wondering if AT&T pulled the plug on USENET today?
    >> Wed 15 July 2009, 09:53 PM --500 (Central Daylight Time)

    > From another group:
    >
    > http://support.att.net/sdchealtop/wpp2/asp/blank_nofeedback.asp?IPCheck=Fal
    > se&sprt_cid=d74b6ea9%2Dfcf1%2D4978%2Da253%2Dca6282e6e89f&NoChallenge=True
    >
    > Usenet Newsgroups Feature Discontinued
    >
    > On or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer provide access to its
    > Usenet content for AT&T Internet Services customers.
    >
    > Customers wishing to access Usenet newsgroups may do so by finding a
    > third-party provider, who will charge a subscription fee.
    >
    > We hope you will continue to enjoy your AT&T Internet Services. Thank
    > you for choosing AT&T -- Your World. Delivered.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Your AT&T Internet Services Customer Care Team

    I pulled the plug on them a couple of weeks ago and was just
    wondering if they did follow through with omitting USENET from their
    lineup, or possibly got customer complaints and kept it up and
    running. Thanks anyway.

    OldGringo38, Jul 16, 2009
  5. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Evan Platt Post:
    > On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:53:03 -0500, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I was wondering if AT&T pulled the plug on USENET today?
    >> Wed 15 July 2009, 09:53 PM --500 (Central Daylight Time)

    > Yep. See my note to RtS..
    >
    > From: Evan Platt<>
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Subject: So, to again prove RtS wrong...