    I've tried leaving and joining other games but they are all the same.

    What am I doing wrong ?

    Thanks.

    Steve, Dec 15, 2005

  2. "Steve" <> wrote in message
    news:dphof.84039$...
    > Thanks to SS for sugesting this game cos it looks really nice.
    >
    > I downloaded it and the patch and installed it and it runs fine but it
    > won't let me play .I click on a game and then on join server and the level
    > loads but it only lets me see another players view as they fight or lets
    > me look around but not move or shoot.
    >
    > I've tried leaving and joining other games but they are all the same.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You need to read the instructions. ET multiplayer games are based on rounds.
    You can only join the action when it's the right time for new players.

    While you are in limbo, you can select which team you want to play as, and
    what class of soldier, then it's a question of waiting for the respawn time.

    The time varies between games. Some games only allow a spawn at the start of
    a match, others have multiple respawn times.

    Does that make sense? I would fire it up and check, but I don't have it
    installed on this computer.

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    "Secret Squiddle" <> wrote in message

    > "Steve" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks to SS for sugesting this game cos it looks really nice.
    >>
    >> I downloaded it and the patch and installed it and it runs fine but it
    >> won't let me play .I click on a game and then on join server and the
    >> level loads but it only lets me see another players view as they fight or
    >> lets me look around but not move or shoot.
    >>
    >> I've tried leaving and joining other games but they are all the same.
    >>
    >> What am I doing wrong ?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > You need to read the instructions. ET multiplayer games are based on
    > rounds. You can only join the action when it's the right time for new
    > players.
    >
    > While you are in limbo, you can select which team you want to play as, and
    > what class of soldier, then it's a question of waiting for the respawn
    > time.
    >
    > The time varies between games. Some games only allow a spawn at the start
    > of a match, others have multiple respawn times.
    >
    > Does that make sense? I would fire it up and check, but I don't have it
    > installed on this computer.

    Ok I got it now.

    Wow this game is hard !! I hardly get to see the enemy before I'm dead.

    Steve, Dec 15, 2005
  4. "Steve" <> wrote in message

    > "Secret Squiddle" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Steve" <> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks to SS for sugesting this game cos it looks really nice.
    >>>
    >>> I downloaded it and the patch and installed it and it runs fine but it
    >>> won't let me play .I click on a game and then on join server and the
    >>> level loads but it only lets me see another players view as they fight
    >>> or lets me look around but not move or shoot.
    >>>
    >>> I've tried leaving and joining other games but they are all the same.
    >>>
    >>> What am I doing wrong ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> You need to read the instructions. ET multiplayer games are based on
    >> rounds. You can only join the action when it's the right time for new
    >> players.
    >>
    >> While you are in limbo, you can select which team you want to play as,
    >> and what class of soldier, then it's a question of waiting for the
    >> respawn time.
    >>
    >> The time varies between games. Some games only allow a spawn at the start
    >> of a match, others have multiple respawn times.
    >>
    >> Does that make sense? I would fire it up and check, but I don't have it
    >> installed on this computer.
    >>

    > Ok I got it now.
    >
    > Wow this game is hard !! I hardly get to see the enemy before I'm dead.

    It all depends on how good the other players are, and what sort of ping you
    have on the server. Choose servers with lowest pings - to stand a fair
    chance.

    You will get better the more you get used to it. It's a good game.

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Dec 15, 2005