Woger's internet banking Woes?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 18, 2007.

  1. Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 18, 2007

  2. Nicolaas Hawkins

    Mickey Mouse Guest

    Mickey Mouse, Aug 18, 2007

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 18, 2007
  4. Nicolaas Hawkins

    XPD Guest

    news:fa5tmf$9im$...
    > In message <fa5sca$gbl$>, Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10458405

    > If you use a Dimdows machine to do online banking, then you're a fool.

    Let the Linux/Windows war begin <sigh>

    Ive been using Windows to do internet banking for years and never had an
    issue and yet to meet anyone who has had an issue......
    XPD, Aug 18, 2007
  5. Nicolaas Hawkins

    Mickey Mouse Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message

    >> In message <fa5sca$gbl$>, Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10458405

    >> If you use a Dimdows machine to do online banking, then you're a fool.

    > Let the Linux/Windows war begin <sigh>
    >
    > Ive been using Windows to do internet banking for years and never had an
    > issue and yet to meet anyone who has had an issue......

    With Lawrence, you can't let the truth get in the way of a good story, or
    FUD...
    Mickey Mouse, Aug 18, 2007
  6. Nicolaas Hawkins

    Gordon Guest

    On 2007-08-18, XPD <> wrote:

    >> In message <fa5sca$gbl$>, Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10458405

    >> If you use a Dimdows machine to do online banking, then you're a fool.
    >>

    > Let the Linux/Windows war begin <sigh>
    >
    > Ive been using Windows to do internet banking for years and never had an
    > issue and yet to meet anyone who has had an issue......

    Good. However the question remains that some people have, read banks
    included

    Break the chain as much as possible eh? Read convience vs security.
    Gordon, Aug 18, 2007
  7. Nicolaas Hawkins

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:50:41 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> exclaimed:

    >In message <fa5sca$gbl$>, Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10458405

    >If you use a Dimdows machine to do online banking, then you're a fool.

    If you use Linux, you're a fool...

    (whether you bank online or not... ;-)
    Fred Dagg, Aug 18, 2007
  8. Nicolaas Hawkins

    sam Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:50:41 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> exclaimed:
    >

    >>In message <fa5sca$gbl$>, Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >>

    >>>http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10458405

    >>If you use a Dimdows machine to do online banking, then you're a fool.

    > If you use Linux, you're a fool...
    >
    > (whether you bank online or not... ;-)

    Got anymore news from your Weta insider ?
    LOL
    sam, Aug 19, 2007
  9. Nicolaas Hawkins

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:29:39 +1200, sam <>
    exclaimed:

    >Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:50:41 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >> <_zealand> exclaimed:

    >>>If you use a Dimdows machine to do online banking, then you're a fool.

    >> If you use Linux, you're a fool...
    >>
    >> (whether you bank online or not... ;-)

    >Got anymore news from your Weta insider ?
    >LOL

    That's a good one!! Chortle!!!

    Grow up.
    Fred Dagg, Aug 19, 2007
  10. Nicolaas Hawkins

    Shane Guest

    sam wrote:

    > Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:50:41 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >> <_zealand> exclaimed:

    >>>If you use a Dimdows machine to do online banking, then you're a fool.

    >> If you use Linux, you're a fool...
    >>
    >> (whether you bank online or not... ;-)

    > Got anymore news from your Weta insider ?
    > LOL

    Remember when dear old Fred was telling everyone he is/was a Linux user?
    Maybe he speaks from his own personal experience of being a fool and
    confuses that with computing?

    --
    Q: What's big, grey, and proves the uncountability of the reals?
    A: Cantor's diagonal elephant.
    Shane, Aug 19, 2007
  11. Nicolaas Hawkins

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:10:45 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    exclaimed:

    >>> If you use Linux, you're a fool...
    >>>
    >>> (whether you bank online or not... ;-)

    >> Got anymore news from your Weta insider ?
    >> LOL

    >Remember when dear old Fred was telling everyone he is/was a Linux user?
    >Maybe he speaks from his own personal experience of being a fool and
    >confuses that with computing?

    Wow, you never cease to amaze, Shaneomoron. I thought you had shown
    the world just how much of a fool you really were before, but you keep
    making more and more of an idiot of yourself on a daily basis!

    Well done!
    Fred Dagg, Aug 19, 2007
  12. Nicolaas Hawkins

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > In message <fa5sca$gbl$>, Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10458405

    > If you use a Dimdows machine to do online banking, then you're a fool.

    Only a fool would let you anywhere near a computer of any kind.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Aug 19, 2007
  13. Nicolaas Hawkins

    sam Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > sam wrote:
    >
    >> Fred Dagg wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:50:41 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >>> <_zealand> exclaimed:

    >>> If you use Linux, you're a fool...
    >>>
    >>> (whether you bank online or not... ;-)

    >> Got anymore news from your Weta insider ?
    >> LOL

    > Remember when dear old Fred was telling everyone he is/was a Linux user?
    > Maybe he speaks from his own personal experience of being a fool and
    > confuses that with computing?

    Those Weta`guys are definitely Linux users, but Fred will always be a
    fool no matter what he uses.
    sam, Aug 19, 2007
  14. In article <fa5v23$c5h$>, "XPD" <> wrote:

    >"Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    >> In message <fa5sca$gbl$>, Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10458405

    >> If you use a Dimdows machine to do online banking, then you're a fool.
    >>

    >Let the Linux/Windows war begin <sigh>
    >
    >Ive been using Windows to do internet banking for years and never had an
    >issue and yet to meet anyone who has had an issue......

    The current move by banks to make users wholly responsible for all banking
    security (using some words like "the user must have the most up to date
    security software/system") shouild, however, be seen as a Very Bad Thing.

    Were it me, I wouldn't be using internet banking under those conditions at
    all ... and I'd be telling the bank why.
    Bruce Sinclair, Aug 20, 2007
  15. In message <1187518427.49304@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:

    >> In message <fa5sca$gbl$>, Mickey Mouse wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10458405

    >> If you use a Dimdows machine to do online banking, then you're a fool.

    > Only a fool would let you anywhere near a computer of any kind.

    Oh dear. Looks like somebody is stamping their little feet in indignation at
    something I've said, again.

    But really, what other word could you reasonbly use? It's known that Dimdows
    systems, even loaded to the gills with the latest anti-virus, anti-spyware,
    anti-everything, and all the up-to-date security patches, are still subject
    to zero-day attacks on a regular basis. In other words, it's impossible to
    keep Dimdows secure. Knowing that, and yet still persisting with using such
    a system for security-sensitive operations involving money--is there any
    word for such a person more appropriate than "fool"?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 20, 2007
  16. Nicolaas Hawkins

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > In message <1187518427.49304@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:

    >>> If you use a Dimdows machine to do online banking, then you're a fool.

    >> Only a fool would let you anywhere near a computer of any kind.

    > Oh dear. Looks like somebody is stamping their little feet in indignation
    > at
    > something I've said, again.
    >
    > But really, what other word could you reasonbly use? It's known that
    > Dimdows
    > systems, even loaded to the gills with the latest anti-virus,
    > anti-spyware,
    > anti-everything, and all the up-to-date security patches, are still
    > subject
    > to zero-day attacks on a regular basis. In other words, it's impossible to
    > keep Dimdows secure. Knowing that, and yet still persisting with using
    > such
    > a system for security-sensitive operations involving money--is there any
    > word for such a person more appropriate than "fool"?

    Many people have secure PCs, as least as secure as they can be.
    I'd be willing bet that I'm not the only one that's been using XP quite
    safely with a good AV program for several years now.
    Kind of fucks up all of your pathetic little claims, past, present, and many
    more crap claims to come in the future. With so many people here and all
    over the planet using PCs for some years while running XP.

    The real facts of PC/Windows success of compatibility and popularity keep
    kicking your snivelling arse day in and day out year after year.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Aug 20, 2007
  17. In message <1187602388.517055@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:

    >> In message <1187518427.49304@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >>> message news:fa5tmf$9im$...

    >>> Only a fool would let you anywhere near a computer of any kind.

    >> Oh dear. Looks like somebody is stamping their little feet in indignation
    >> at something I've said, again.
    >>
    >> But really, what other word could you reasonbly use? It's known that
    >> Dimdows systems, even loaded to the gills with the latest anti-virus,
    >> anti-spyware, anti-everything, and all the up-to-date security patches,
    >> are still subject to zero-day attacks on a regular basis. In other words,
    >> it's impossible to keep Dimdows secure. Knowing that, and yet still
    >> persisting with using such a system for security-sensitive operations
    >> involving money--is there any word for such a person more appropriate
    >> than "fool"?

    > Many people have secure PCs, as least as secure as they can be.
    > I'd be willing bet that I'm not the only one that's been using XP quite
    > safely with a good AV program for several years now.

    So, just because YOU haven't noticed any problems up till now, that means it
    must be all right for everyone else to trust their banking to Dimdows? Is
    that really the best argument you can come up with?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 21, 2007
  18. Nicolaas Hawkins

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > In message <1187602388.517055@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:

    >>> Oh dear. Looks like somebody is stamping their little feet in
    >>> indignation
    >>> at something I've said, again.
    >>>
    >>> But really, what other word could you reasonbly use? It's known that
    >>> Dimdows systems, even loaded to the gills with the latest anti-virus,
    >>> anti-spyware, anti-everything, and all the up-to-date security patches,
    >>> are still subject to zero-day attacks on a regular basis. In other
    >>> words,
    >>> it's impossible to keep Dimdows secure. Knowing that, and yet still
    >>> persisting with using such a system for security-sensitive operations
    >>> involving money--is there any word for such a person more appropriate
    >>> than "fool"?

    >> Many people have secure PCs, as least as secure as they can be.
    >> I'd be willing bet that I'm not the only one that's been using XP quite
    >> safely with a good AV program for several years now.

    > So, just because YOU haven't noticed any problems up till now, that means
    > it
    > must be all right for everyone else to trust their banking to Dimdows? Is
    > that really the best argument you can come up with?

    An idiot like you could very easily email your bank account details and no
    one would bother blaming Linux just because an idiot is using it, Dumbo.

    For the many that take the risk to do internet banking, the few that get
    caught out would be stuff all. Not everyone out of the many thousands
    drives on the motoway without being killed.
    You seem to think that there's only 7 and a 1/2 people in NZ using Windows,
    Dumbo.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Aug 21, 2007