    people worldwide who use it"

    haha - eat ya heart out doubters.

    brianM
    trevor.ribbands, Oct 23, 2007

  2. trevor.ribbands wrote:
    > Attn: Wogerites
    > spotted on /. today
    > "Lunix is a unix-like OS for the C-64. There's probably about 15 or 20
    > people worldwide who use it"
    >
    > haha - eat ya heart out doubters.

    Yeah, he wrote it when he was a certified (!?) mainframe engineer but now it's
    Crap (tm) because he can't get it to run on i386.
    Mark Robinson, Oct 23, 2007

  3. In article <2tod.net>, Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:
    >trevor.ribbands wrote:
    >> Attn: Wogerites
    >> spotted on /. today
    >> "Lunix is a unix-like OS for the C-64. There's probably about 15 or 20
    >> people worldwide who use it"
    >>
    >> haha - eat ya heart out doubters.

    >Yeah, he wrote it when he was a certified (!?) mainframe engineer but now it's
    >Crap (tm) because he can't get it to run on i386.

    To be fair, he's in good (?) company.
    Wasn't it Bill Gates who said something like ... "no one could use more than
    640 k of RAM" ?
    ... or the chap who reckoned there might be a market for 6 computers world
    wide ? (IIRC :) )
    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 24, 2007
  4. Re: Woger was wight !

    In message <>, trevor.ribbands
    wrote:

    > Attn: Wogerites
    >
    > spotted on /. today
    >
    > "Lunix is a unix-like OS for the C-64. There's probably about 15 or 20
    > people worldwide who use it"

    *Sigh*

    <http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/720505e10439f2f3>
    <http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/2c3daccade4bb22c>
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 24, 2007
  5. trevor.ribbands

    Jerry Guest

    Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <2tod.net>, Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:
    >> trevor.ribbands wrote:
    >>> Attn: Wogerites
    >>> spotted on /. today
    >>> "Lunix is a unix-like OS for the C-64. There's probably about 15 or 20
    >>> people worldwide who use it"
    >>>
    >>> haha - eat ya heart out doubters.

    >> Yeah, he wrote it when he was a certified (!?) mainframe engineer but now it's
    >> Crap (tm) because he can't get it to run on i386.

    > To be fair, he's in good (?) company.
    > Wasn't it Bill Gates who said something like ... "no one could use more than
    > 640 k of RAM" ?
    > .. or the chap who reckoned there might be a market for 6 computers world
    > wide ? (IIRC :) )

    Gates denies saying that, and no one can seem to attribute the quote to
    anything

    http://www.faktoider.nu/640kb_eng.html for one story
    Jerry, Oct 24, 2007
  6. Re: Woger was wight !

    In message <471fb4e6$>, Jerry wrote:

    > Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >
    >> Wasn't it Bill Gates who said something like ... "no one could use more
    >> than 640 k of RAM" ?
    >>

    > Gates denies saying that, and no one can seem to attribute the quote to
    > anything

    Somebody who seems to know
    <http://www.newswireless.net/index.cfm/article/3539>:

    As far as Bill and 640K goes, I knew him reasonably well at the time,
    and he would never dignify the question with an answer. What he meant -
    and what he obviously meant - was that in a PC based on a chip which
    could address no more than a megabyte of RAM, the loss of 300 odd K to
    system address space wasn't significant.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 25, 2007
  7. Re: Woger was wight !

    On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:25:20 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In message <>, trevor.ribbands
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Attn: Wogerites
    >>
    >> spotted on /. today
    >>
    >> "Lunix is a unix-like OS for the C-64. There's probably about 15 or 20
    >> people worldwide who use it"

    > *Sigh*
    >
    > <http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/720505e10439f2f3>
    > <http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/2c3daccade4bb22c>

    Well there yer go - banks do still use C-64's (I tried and
    tried to get online with one this morning) :=(

    cheers
    BrianM
    trevor.ribbands, Oct 25, 2007
  8. trevor.ribbands

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Re: Woger was wight !

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <>, trevor.ribbands
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Attn: Wogerites
    >>
    >> spotted on /. today
    >>
    >> "Lunix is a unix-like OS for the C-64. There's probably about 15 or 20
    >> people worldwide who use it"

    > *Sigh*
    >
    > <http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/720505e10439f2f3>
    > <http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/2c3daccade4bb22c>