    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
    signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed,
    those who are cold and are not clothed."

    President Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953
    Mike Dee, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Mike Dee wrote:
    > Is there anyone else in this NG that the "whole" can gang up against and
    > vilify? Or is "Woger" just a euphimism for an on-line "punching bag".
    > The exception being "jay" from across the ditch [but he's not counted].

    I cant think of anyone else... although I have found Roger to be more
    helpful than Rod Speed in the aus.comp group... atleast Roger seems to
    try to help.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 16, 2004

  3. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in

    > Subject: Re: "Woger" nz.comp's "emotional rescue"
    > From: "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <>
    > Newsgroups: nz.comp
    >
    > Mike Dee wrote:
    >> Is there anyone else in this NG that the "whole" can gang up against
    >> and vilify? Or is "Woger" just a euphimism for an on-line "punching
    >> bag". The exception being "jay" from across the ditch [but he's not
    >> counted].

    > I cant think of anyone else... although I have found Roger to be more
    > helpful than Rod Speed in the aus.comp group... atleast Roger seems to
    > try to help.

    That was *quick* TNO.

    Depends on the "day" you happen to come across "Rod Speed", on occasion
    I've found him to be more that helpful. YMMV.

    D.

    President Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953
    Mike Dee, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Mike Dee wrote:
    > That was *quick* TNO.

    Just got home, and I check a few peoples posts before I read through the
    masses... you made the list, feel special :)

    > Depends on the "day" you happen to come across "Rod Speed", on occasion
    > I've found him to be more that helpful. YMMV.

    oh ok, maybe I need to lurk for longer.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 16, 2004
  5. Mike Dee

    ~misfit~ Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Mike Dee wrote:
    >> That was *quick* TNO.

    > Just got home, and I check a few peoples posts before I read through
    > the masses... you made the list, feel special :)
    >
    >> Depends on the "day" you happen to come across "Rod Speed", on
    >> occasion I've found him to be more that helpful. YMMV.

    > oh ok, maybe I need to lurk for longer.

    I pretty much gave up on that group because of him a few years back. He's
    the most arrogant, abusive arsehole I've come across.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jan 16, 2004
  6. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote in

    > T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> Mike Dee wrote:
    >>> That was *quick* TNO.

    >> Just got home, and I check a few peoples posts before I read through
    >> the masses... you made the list, feel special :)

    I do, thank you TNO :)

    >>> Depends on the "day" you happen to come across "Rod Speed", on
    >>> occasion I've found him to be more that helpful. YMMV.

    >> oh ok, maybe I need to lurk for longer.

    > I pretty much gave up on that group because of him a few years back. He's
    > the most arrogant, abusive arsehole I've come across.

    Hmmm....

    Here's one posted by RS earlier today:

    --------------------------**/
    From: "Rod Speed" <>
    Newsgroups: aus.computers
    Subject: Re: usb
    Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:42:37 +1100

    You've manage to post this to an australian newsgroup.

    FRANCIS DARROCH <> wrote in message

    > I WANT TO JOIN 2 PC SO ICAN SHARE
    > THE INTERNET WITH MY SON USING USB.

    The short story is that it isnt practical to do it using USB.

    > CAN ANYBODY HELP ME AS TO WHAT I NEED TO DO THIS THANKS

    A network card in each PC if it doesnt have one
    already, and a crossover cable between them.
    Then use the built-in ICS with a modern version of Win.
    --------------------------/**

    RECAP:

    He *politely* point's out the post to an Ozzie NG :)

    He *does not* mention the obvious SCREAMING ALL CAPS.

    His response may not be spot on. But it certainly doesn't smack of
    arrogance, hostility or abuse.... AFAICT.

    Maybe he's "toned down" over the years... Incidentely, the follow up post
    to RS's post was full of vitriol [dunno why, maybe past agro].

    Anyhoo, what about Woger? Does he exist? Or is he a figment of *this NG's*
    imagination. A whipping post, a vent for pent-up Kiwi computing
    frustration? Enquiring minds wish to know.

    D.

    President Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953
    Mike Dee, Jan 16, 2004
  7. Mike Dee

    jerm Guest

    On 16 Jan 2004 09:22:12 GMT, Mike Dee <> said

    >Is there anyone else in this NG that the "whole" can gang up against and
    >vilify? Or is "Woger" just a euphimism for an on-line "punching bag".
    >
    >The exception being "jay" from across the ditch [but he's not counted].
    >
    >D.

    Woger's been the despair of every online watering hole/coffee machine since
    AGB put a tin can on each end of a piece of string.

    Woger told him it wouldn't work unless he used Cabot's Boston Baked Bean
    tins, any others would burst into flames. And the string had to be bought
    from Mrs McGinleys corner store, only she stocked the right sort of string.

    Then he told Mrs McGinley to expect a large order of string, he had
    personally recommended it to the bearded teacher of the deaf down the road.
    Mrs McGinley hit him over the head with a broom for being facetious, and
    Woger immediately posted a message denying he had ever recommended Mrs
    McGinley's string to anyone, and that AGB should use Pop Kelly's string
    instead.
    AGB said sod this, I'll use copper wire instead. Woger produced his
    qualifications as a certified electrical engineer, and AGB put him to work
    as an ear trumpet for his new fangled telephone. Thus was a new technology
    born.
    jerm, Jan 16, 2004
  8. Mike Dee

    Bret Guest

    wrote:

    >Is there anyone else in this NG that the "whole" can gang up against and
    >vilify? Or is "Woger" just a euphimism for an on-line "punching bag".
    >
    >The exception being "jay" from across the ditch [but he's not counted].
    >
    >D.

    Roger has worked hard to attain his reputation :)
    Bret, Jan 16, 2004
  9. Mike Dee

    KS Guest

    jerm wrote:
    > On 16 Jan 2004 09:22:12 GMT, Mike Dee <> said
    >
    >> Is there anyone else in this NG that the "whole" can gang up against
    >> and vilify? Or is "Woger" just a euphimism for an on-line "punching
    >> bag".
    >>
    >> The exception being "jay" from across the ditch [but he's not
    >> counted].
    >>
    >> D.

    > Woger's been the despair of every online watering hole/coffee machine
    > since AGB put a tin can on each end of a piece of string.
    >
    > Woger told him it wouldn't work unless he used Cabot's Boston Baked
    > Bean tins, any others would burst into flames. And the string had to
    > be bought from Mrs McGinleys corner store, only she stocked the right
    > sort of string.
    >
    > Then he told Mrs McGinley to expect a large order of string, he had
    > personally recommended it to the bearded teacher of the deaf down the
    > road. Mrs McGinley hit him over the head with a broom for being
    > facetious, and Woger immediately posted a message denying he had ever
    > recommended Mrs McGinley's string to anyone, and that AGB should use
    > Pop Kelly's string instead.
    > AGB said sod this, I'll use copper wire instead. Woger produced his
    > qualifications as a certified electrical engineer, and AGB put him to
    > work as an ear trumpet for his new fangled telephone. Thus was a new
    > technology born.

    LOL ! Nearly spilt my coffee this morning. Nice conceptual writing there.
    KS, Jan 16, 2004
  10. Mike Dee

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Mike Dee wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote in
    >
    >> T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Just got home, and I check a few peoples posts before I read through
    >>> the masses... you made the list, feel special :)

    > I do, thank you TNO :)

    >>> oh ok, maybe I need to lurk for longer.

    >> I pretty much gave up on that group because of him a few years back.
    >> He's the most arrogant, abusive arsehole I've come across.

    > Hmmm....
    >
    > Here's one posted by RS earlier today:
    >
    > --------------------------**/
    > From: "Rod Speed" <>
    > Newsgroups: aus.computers
    > Subject: Re: usb
    > Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:42:37 +1100
    >
    > You've manage to post this to an australian newsgroup.
    >
    > FRANCIS DARROCH <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I WANT TO JOIN 2 PC SO ICAN SHARE
    >> THE INTERNET WITH MY SON USING USB.

    > The short story is that it isnt practical to do it using USB.
    >
    >> CAN ANYBODY HELP ME AS TO WHAT I NEED TO DO THIS THANKS

    > A network card in each PC if it doesnt have one
    > already, and a crossover cable between them.
    > Then use the built-in ICS with a modern version of Win.
    > --------------------------/**
    >
    > RECAP:
    >
    > He *politely* point's out the post to an Ozzie NG :)
    >
    > He *does not* mention the obvious SCREAMING ALL CAPS.
    >
    > His response may not be spot on. But it certainly doesn't smack of
    > arrogance, hostility or abuse.... AFAICT.
    >
    > Maybe he's "toned down" over the years... Incidentely, the follow up
    > post to RS's post was full of vitriol [dunno why, maybe past agro].

    Hmm, maybe he's toned down, grown up or is simply having a good day. When I
    hung in a group he hung in occaisionally he'd give advice without abuse but
    it wasn't always accurate and if anyone challenged him he spat the dummy.

    On the odd occaision when I've seen his posts crossposted recently they've
    all been nasty.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jan 16, 2004
  11. Mike Dee

    Jason M Guest

    On 16 Jan 2004 12:19:22 GMT, Mike Dee <>
    wrote:

    >Anyhoo, what about Woger? Does he exist? Or is he a figment of *this NG's*
    >imagination. A whipping post, a vent for pent-up Kiwi computing
    >frustration? Enquiring minds wish to know.

    There are about 100 different people who just seem like Woger.
    Jason M, Jan 16, 2004
  12. Mike Dee

    Craig Shore Guest

    wrote:

    >Anyhoo, what about Woger? Does he exist? Or is he a figment of *this NG's*
    >imagination. A whipping post, a vent for pent-up Kiwi computing
    >frustration? Enquiring minds wish to know.

    He exists, he lives in Kapiti, his name is Roger Sheppard. He's been
    on the internet as long as it's been accessable in NZ. He used to
    live in the atari newsgroups in the early 90's before he moved on to
    nz.comp.

    He's been getting abused since then too, here's an example from 1995.

    http://ww.google.com/groups?safe=im...as_umsgid=&lr=&hl=en
    Craig Shore, Jan 17, 2004
  13. Mike Dee

    Lennier Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:24:09 +0000, Craig Shore wrote:

    > He's been getting abused since then too, here's an example from 1995.
    >
    > http://ww.google.com/groups?safe=im...as_umsgid=&lr=&hl=en

    Nice to see that there be a long tradition of abusing Woger.

    How much longer to go before his Alzheimer's is severe enough for him to
    forget how to switch on his computer?

    Lennier

    --
    Newsman - on CD piracy: "Entertainment meets Geekery meets Vengeance. It's
    unstoppable. A match made in Heaven."
    Lennier, Jan 17, 2004
  14. On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:24:09 +0000, Craig Shore wrote:

    > He exists, he lives in Kapiti, his name is Roger Sheppard. He's been
    > on the internet as long as it's been accessable in NZ.

    He's one of the main reasons Wellington City Council removed public access
    to the Citynet system.

    Enough said.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Jan 17, 2004
  15. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    (Craig Shore) wrote in

    > On 16 Jan 2004 12:19:22 GMT, Mike Dee <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Anyhoo, what about Woger? Does he exist? Or is he a figment of *this
    >>NG's* imagination. A whipping post, a vent for pent-up Kiwi computing
    >>frustration? Enquiring minds wish to know.

    > He exists, he lives in Kapiti, his name is Roger Sheppard. He's been
    > on the internet as long as it's been accessable in NZ. He used to
    > live in the atari newsgroups in the early 90's before he moved on to
    > nz.comp.
    >
    > He's been getting abused since then too, here's an example from 1995.
    >
    > http://ww.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_umsgid=a5c
    > &lr=&hl=en

    Wow, good spotting, and it gave a good starting point for some research.
    The earliest I came across was this [there may be earlier ones], posted in
    June 1994, by Roger:

    <http://ww.google.com/groups?selm=2uu201$&oe=UTF-
    8&output=gplain>

    A decade of "Woger". Perhaps some kind of award or celebration should be in
    order?

    D.

    President Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953
    Mike Dee, Jan 17, 2004
  16. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    Mike Dee <> wrote in

    > The earliest I came across was this [there may be earlier
    > ones], posted in June 1994, by Roger:
    >
    > <http://ww.google.com/groups?selm=2uu201$&oe=U
    > TF- 8&output=gplain>
    >
    > A decade of "Woger". Perhaps some kind of award or celebration should
    > be in order?

    Oops! Spoke too soon. Here's an interesting one that goes back to *1991*

    <http://ww.google.com/groups?selm=&oe=
    UTF-8&output=gplain>

    I'm too afraid to dig any deeper :)

    D.

    President Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953
    Mike Dee, Jan 17, 2004
  17. Mike Dee

    Chris Guest

    Mike Dee <> wrote in

    > <http://ww.google.com/groups?selm=
    > &oe= UTF-8&output=gplain>
    >
    > I'm too afraid to dig any deeper :)
    >
    > D.

    I see the ".." was used back then as well

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Jan 17, 2004
  18. Mike Dee

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:51:40 +0100, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:24:09 +0000, Craig Shore wrote:
    >
    >> He exists, he lives in Kapiti, his name is Roger Sheppard. He's been
    >> on the internet as long as it's been accessable in NZ.

    >He's one of the main reasons Wellington City Council removed public access
    >to the Citynet system.

    Why do you say that? Where did that information come from?
    Craig Shore, Jan 18, 2004
  19. Mike Dee

    K & S Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:58:09 +1300, Craig Shore <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:51:40 +0100, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:24:09 +0000, Craig Shore wrote:
    >>
    >>> He exists, he lives in Kapiti, his name is Roger Sheppard. He's been
    >>> on the internet as long as it's been accessable in NZ.

    >>He's one of the main reasons Wellington City Council removed public access
    >>to the Citynet system.

    >Why do you say that? Where did that information come from?

    Another load of Lies..
    K & S, Jan 18, 2004
  20. Mike Dee

    wrote:

    >On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:51:40 +0100, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:24:09 +0000, Craig Shore wrote:
    >>
    >>> He exists, he lives in Kapiti, his name is Roger Sheppard. He's been
    >>> on the internet as long as it's been accessable in NZ.

    >>He's one of the main reasons Wellington City Council removed public access
    >>to the Citynet system.

    >Why do you say that? Where did that information come from?

    No its posted by a Very sick mental retard..
    K & S, Jan 18, 2004