Woger Filter: Reloaded

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Brendan, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    The recent change of woger's alias exposed a flaw in my filter for removing
    his drivel that I had previously posted for use with Dialog. E.g. it didn't
    work - another one I had was masking it.

    In case others did use it, I now present the filter that DOES work:
    [*]
    -2000 Header "NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.79.83.241"
    !markread Header "NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.79.83.241"

    The first line gives woger his score (out of 10 ;) ), the second marks him
    as 'read'. The first one is there at all because any *thread* with a lot of
    woger is obviously a thread of less use and so gets scored lower over all
    as is good and right.

    Make sure you put it in your 'scoring/actions' file (right mouse on the
    message list) under the [*] news group (e.g. * = 'all groups').

    If others had already caught onto this: thanks for telling me ;)

    I now return you to your woger free bickering :)

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Jesus died too soon. If he had lived to my age he would have repudiated
    his doctrine." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

    Note: All comments are copyright 6/01/2004 12:36:16 a.m., and are opinion
    only where not otherwise stated, and always 'to the best of my
    reccollection'.

    Brendan, Jan 5, 2004

  2. On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 01:02:43 +1300, Brendan
    <> wrote:

    >The recent change of woger's alias exposed a flaw in my filter for removing
    >his drivel that I had previously posted for use with Dialog. E.g. it didn't
    >work - another one I had was masking it.
    >
    >In case others did use it, I now present the filter that DOES work:
    >[*]
    >-2000 Header "NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.79.83.241"
    >!markread Header "NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.79.83.241"
    >
    >The first line gives woger his score (out of 10 ;) ), the second marks him
    >as 'read'. The first one is there at all because any *thread* with a lot of
    >woger is obviously a thread of less use and so gets scored lower over all
    >as is good and right.
    >
    >Make sure you put it in your 'scoring/actions' file (right mouse on the
    >message list) under the [*] news group (e.g. * = 'all groups').
    >
    >If others had already caught onto this: thanks for telling me ;)
    >
    >I now return you to your woger free bickering :)
    >
    >--
    >
    >... Brendan

    No Brendan you are the ONLY one here that is so full of himself, just take
    look at you Sig, way way over the required limits..

    Sorry Brendan you are a sick dude, go get a life and try and grow up..

    Robin Wheeler, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Brendan

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 01:02:43 +1300, Brendan
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >The recent change of woger's alias exposed a flaw in my filter for removing
    > >his drivel that I had previously posted for use with Dialog. E.g. it didn't
    > >work - another one I had was masking it.
    > >
    > >In case others did use it, I now present the filter that DOES work:
    > >-----------------------------------------
    > >[*]
    > >-2000 Header "NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.79.83.241"
    > >!markread Header "NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.79.83.241"
    > >-----------------------------------------
    > >
    > >The first line gives woger his score (out of 10 ;) ), the second marks him
    > >as 'read'. The first one is there at all because any *thread* with a lot of
    > >woger is obviously a thread of less use and so gets scored lower over all
    > >as is good and right.
    > >
    > >Make sure you put it in your 'scoring/actions' file (right mouse on the
    > >message list) under the [*] news group (e.g. * = 'all groups').
    > >
    > >If others had already caught onto this: thanks for telling me ;)
    > >
    > >I now return you to your woger free bickering :)
    > >
    > >--
    > >
    > >... Brendan

    > No Brendan you are the ONLY one here that is so full of himself, just take
    > look at you Sig, way way over the required limits..
    >
    > Sorry Brendan you are a sick dude, go get a life and try and grow up..

    Piss off Woger you sad loser

    Mainlander, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Brendan

    T.N.O. Guest

    Mainlander wrote:
    >>No Brendan you are the ONLY one here that is so full of himself, just take
    >>look at you Sig, way way over the required limits..
    >>Sorry Brendan you are a sick dude, go get a life and try and grow up..

    > Piss off Woger you sad loser

    I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the word
    "Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically correct?

    T.N.O., Jan 5, 2004
  5. Brendan

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <btcgsf$5g0j5$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > Mainlander wrote:
    > >>No Brendan you are the ONLY one here that is so full of himself, just take
    > >>look at you Sig, way way over the required limits..
    > >>Sorry Brendan you are a sick dude, go get a life and try and grow up..

    > > Piss off Woger you sad loser

    > I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the word
    > "Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically correct?

    It meets his posting style, do Woger posts have to meet some quota of
    spelling or grammatical errors, I don't think so

    Mainlander, Jan 5, 2004
  6. Brendan

    T.N.O. Guest

    Mainlander wrote:
    >>I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the word
    >>"Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically correct?

    > It meets his posting style, do Woger posts have to meet some quota of
    > spelling or grammatical errors, I don't think so

    But he didn't mention playstations, little boys or AMD on fire... you
    comment on how "It meets his posting style" and then question exactly
    that. "do Woger posts have to meet some quota of spelling or grammatical
    errors, I don't think so"

    T.N.O., Jan 5, 2004
  7. Brendan

    K & S Guest

    On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:36:47 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

    >In article <btcgsf$5g0j5$-berlin.de>,
    > says...

    >> > Piss off Woger you sad loser

    >> I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the word
    >> "Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically correct?

    >It meets his posting style, do Woger posts have to meet some quota of
    >spelling or grammatical errors, I don't think so

    No they are so full of helpful info, that people here get so carried away with
    jealousy.

    Gee I can't help it that I am so famous can I..?

    K & S, Jan 5, 2004
  8. Brendan

    harry Guest

    K & S wrote:
    > On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:36:47 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <btcgsf$5g0j5$-berlin.de>,
    >> says...

    >>> I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the
    >>> word "Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically
    >>> correct?

    >> It meets his posting style, do Woger posts have to meet some quota of
    >> spelling or grammatical errors, I don't think so

    > No they are so full of helpful info, that people here get so carried
    > away with jealousy.
    >
    > Gee I can't help it that I am so famous can I..?

    Notorious is the word you were looking for.
    Your grammar has improved though.

    harry, Jan 5, 2004
  9. Brendan

    KS Guest

    > Notorious is the word you were looking for.
    > Your grammar has improved though.

    It's the increase in medication. Apart from the

    "blatant miss use of the Word Trade" !!!

    hahaha

    KS, Jan 5, 2004
  10. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:22:11 +1300, Robin Wheeler wrote:

    > No Brendan you are the ONLY one here that is so full of himself,

    1. Who are you ? The Census Bureau ? No one told you **** all.

    2. *I* attempted to offer some help to those who wanted it.

    3. Either you ARE woger or his bitch.

    >just take look at you Sig, way way over the required limits..

    1. 4 lines is not over any 'limits' except your comprehension level.

    2. I do not take requests from obnoxious prats like yourself, so it'll be
    staying.

    > Sorry Brendan you are a sick dude, go get a life and try and grow up..

    Because I have filtered your pimp ?

    **** off, it's a public service.

    I grew up the day I stopped calling people "dude", you prat.

    --

    .... Brendan

    Welcome to Hell. Here's your copy of Windows.

    Note: All comments are copyright 6/01/2004 12:52:58 p.m., and are opinion

    Brendan, Jan 6, 2004
  11. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:18:54 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

    > I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the word
    > "Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically correct?

    Woger's boyfriend then.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Short words are best and the old words when short are best of all." --
    Winston Churchill

    Note: All comments are copyright 6/01/2004 1:10:09 p.m., and are opinion

    Brendan, Jan 6, 2004
  12. Brendan

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:27:54 +1300, Brendan wrote:

    > On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:18:54 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:
    >
    >> I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the word
    >> "Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically correct?

    > Woger's boyfriend then.

    So it is not yours then.

    Gordon, Jan 6, 2004
  13. Brendan

    Gordon Guest

    Style, (was Woger Filter: Reloaded)

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:36:47 +1300, Mainlander wrote:

    > In article <btcgsf$5g0j5$-berlin.de>,
    > says...

    >> > Piss off Woger you sad loser

    >> I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the word
    >> "Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically correct?

    > It meets his posting style, do Woger posts have to meet some quota of
    > spelling or grammatical errors, I don't think so

    Okay, what IS Woger's posting style?

    Gordon, Jan 6, 2004
  14. Brendan

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:27:54 +1300, Brendan wrote:

    A great example of how to play the poster and not the ball.

    > 1. 4 lines is not over any 'limits' except your comprehension level.

    Okay, lets look at the sig.

    .... Brendan

    Welcome to Hell. Here's your copy of Windows.

    Note: All comments are copyright 6/01/2004 12:52:58 p.m., and are opinion
    only where not otherwise stated, and always 'to the best of my
    reccollection'.

    Unquote

    When I first came across this 4 line limit for a sig, the Internet was
    entering its teenage years. ie about 1993. Then the four lines started
    right after the -- line. By this rule the above sig is into double figures
    line wise.

    One is tempted to compare the two posters for their ability to align with
    the majorities realality. However, I shall resist.

    Press send button

    The Pimp Arsed Newsreader replies

    Warning: Signature is more than 4 lines long. Post anyway despite this
    problem Y/N

    Right so Pan has a "bug" of sorts, it has picked the -- above and has seen
    it as the start of the sig.

    I rest my case.

    Gordon, Jan 6, 2004
  15. Brendan

    K & S Guest

    On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:27:54 +1300, Brendan
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:22:11 +1300, Robin Wheeler wrote:
    >
    >> No Brendan you are the ONLY one here that is so full of himself,

    >1. Who are you ? The Census Bureau ? No one told you **** all.
    >
    >2. *I* attempted to offer some help to those who wanted it.
    >
    >3. Either you ARE woger or his bitch.
    >
    >>just take look at you Sig, way way over the required limits..

    >1. 4 lines is not over any 'limits' except your comprehension level.

    I counted 10 lines, time me thinks for you to go back to school.

    K & S, Jan 6, 2004
  16. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:22:32 +1300, Gordon wrote:

    >>> I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the word
    >>> "Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically correct?

    >> Woger's boyfriend then.

    > So it is not yours then.

    Used to be, but the bitch kept biting and that makes it painful to pee.

    --

    .... Brendan

    MISFORTUNE, n. The kind of fortune that never misses. -- Ambrose Bierce

    Note: All comments are copyright 6/01/2004 5:44:04 p.m., and are opinion

    Brendan, Jan 6, 2004
  17. Brendan

    Jerry Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:52:23 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >Mainlander wrote:
    >>>I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the word
    >>>"Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically correct?

    >> It meets his posting style, do Woger posts have to meet some quota of
    >> spelling or grammatical errors, I don't think so

    >But he didn't mention playstations, little boys or AMD on fire... you
    >comment on how "It meets his posting style" and then question exactly
    >that. "do Woger posts have to meet some quota of spelling or grammatical
    >errors, I don't think so"

    And he didn't start the post with the word "yes" or "no" and put in a
    bunch of extra full stops. That wasn't Roger, TNO is right

    Jerry

    Jerry, Jan 6, 2004
  18. Brendan

    Jerry Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:23:19 +1300, K & S
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:36:47 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <btcgsf$5g0j5$-berlin.de>,
    >> says...

    >>> I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the word
    >>> "Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically correct?

    >>It meets his posting style, do Woger posts have to meet some quota of
    >>spelling or grammatical errors, I don't think so

    >No they are so full of helpful info, that people here get so carried away with
    >jealousy.
    >
    >Gee I can't help it that I am so famous can I..?

    See, starts with the word "no" and extra full stops before the
    question mark.

    Jerry

    Jerry, Jan 6, 2004
  19. Brendan

    AD. Guest

    Re: Style, (was Woger Filter: Reloaded)

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:24:12 +1300, Gordon wrote:

    > On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:36:47 +1300, Mainlander wrote:
    >
    >> In article <btcgsf$5g0j5$-berlin.de>,
    >> says...

    >>> I don't think that this is Roger, have you ever seen him use the word
    >>> "Dude"? or spell mostly correctly? or mostly gramatically correct?

    >> It meets his posting style, do Woger posts have to meet some quota of
    >> spelling or grammatical errors, I don't think so

    > Okay, what IS Woger's posting style?

    Finishing sentences with .. is usually a giveaway.

    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Jan 6, 2004
  20. Brendan

    Sam Guest

    Re: Style, (was Woger Filter: Reloaded)

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:24:12 +1300, Gordon wrote:

    > Okay, what IS Woger's posting style?

    For hints on how to interpret or emulate Woger's style refer to:

    http://www.capnasty.org/issues/7/16/1263

    Sam, Jan 6, 2004