    I've found a .wav to text, but is there one for .wmv formats that anyone
    knows of.

    thanks!
    bbb, Nov 6, 2006

  2. bbb

    SJP Guest

    "bbb" <> wrote in message
    news:Y%z3h.261588$5R2.250384@pd7urf3no...
    > I've found a .wav to text, but is there one for .wmv formats that anyone
    > knows of.

    So you want to convert a video (wmv) to text??? What are ypu trying to do??
    SJP, Nov 6, 2006

  3. bbb

    Mitch Guest

    In article <Y%z3h.261588$5R2.250384@pd7urf3no>, bbb
    <> wrote:

    > I've found a .wav to text, but is there one for .wmv formats that anyone
    > knows of.
    >
    > thanks!

    Neither questions makes much sense --
    what is the WAV that it can be used as text?
    What is in the WMV that it cna be used as text?

    If you mean to upload these to a newsgroup, then you can use the
    built-in encoding in most newsreaders.
    If you are talking about converting SPEECH into text, that is a VERY
    different process, but it wouldn't normally involve WMV files.
    Mitch, Nov 6, 2006
  4. bbb

    bbb Guest

    SJP wrote:
    > "bbb" <> wrote in message
    >> I've found a .wav to text, but is there one for .wmv formats that anyone
    >> knows of.
    >>

    > So you want to convert a video (wmv) to text??? What are ypu trying to do??

    pardon me, i wasn't as clear as I know I should have been...

    i have a tape recorder, that I download files from to my computer.
    These are meeting minutes - speech. The tape recorder when attached to
    the usb port and saved to the pc, automatically saves in 'windows media
    audio track' format.

    I've found a .wav to text program, and hoped there was one that would
    handle that format.

    Perhaps a program to convert to wav instead?
    bbb, Nov 6, 2006
  5. bbb

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:01:08 +0000, bbb Has Frothed:

    > SJP wrote:
    >> "bbb" <> wrote in message
    >>> I've found a .wav to text, but is there one for .wmv formats that
    >>> anyone knows of.
    >>>

    >> So you want to convert a video (wmv) to text??? What are ypu trying to
    >> do??
    >>

    > pardon me, i wasn't as clear as I know I should have been...
    >
    > i have a tape recorder, that I download files from to my computer. These
    > are meeting minutes - speech. The tape recorder when attached to the usb
    > port and saved to the pc, automatically saves in 'windows media audio
    > track' format.
    >
    > I've found a .wav to text program, and hoped there was one that would
    > handle that format.
    >
    > Perhaps a program to convert to wav instead?

    Speech recognition software?

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Nov 6, 2006
  6. bbb

    bbb Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:01:08 +0000, bbb Has Frothed:
    >
    >> SJP wrote:
    >>> "bbb" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> So you want to convert a video (wmv) to text??? What are ypu trying to
    >>> do??
    >>>

    >> pardon me, i wasn't as clear as I know I should have been...
    >>
    >> i have a tape recorder, that I download files from to my computer. These
    >> are meeting minutes - speech. The tape recorder when attached to the usb
    >> port and saved to the pc, automatically saves in 'windows media audio
    >> track' format.
    >>
    >> I've found a .wav to text program, and hoped there was one that would
    >> handle that format.
    >>
    >> Perhaps a program to convert to wav instead?

    > Speech recognition software?

    I'm not sure they would work from a file... unless I were to play it.
    (frankly listening to it once was bad enough, I'd rather just check for
    errors than listen to it over and over to get it down right)
    bbb, Nov 7, 2006
  7. bbb

    thanatoid Guest

    bbb <> wrote in

    > SJP wrote:
    >> "bbb" <> wrote in message
    >>> I've found a .wav to text, but is there one for .wmv
    >>> formats that anyone knows of.
    >>>

    >> So you want to convert a video (wmv) to text??? What are
    >> ypu trying to do??
    >>

    > pardon me, i wasn't as clear as I know I should have
    > been...
    >
    > i have a tape recorder, that I download files from to my
    > computer. These are meeting minutes - speech. The tape
    > recorder when attached to the usb port and saved to the pc,
    > automatically saves in 'windows media audio track' format.
    >
    > I've found a .wav to text program, and hoped there was one
    > that would handle that format.
    >
    > Perhaps a program to convert to wav instead?

    1.
    Are you SURE that whatever software you are recording with CAN
    NOT save in the wav format? It is the standard (although HUGE
    file-wise) sound recording format.

    2.
    To save space (an hour-long meeting could take up your whole
    hard drive, depending on what you have, I forget the exact
    stats), you might consider a software mp3 recorder (Google) for
    EXTREME space savings, but you need to have a machine fast
    enough to encode to mp3 in real time. That means anything from
    the last 3-4 years, basically.

    3.
    The you need to convert the mp3 to wav. Go to www.dbpoweramp.com
    to look at some great software to convert between any sound
    formats. There are dozens of other sites as well. Google.
    thanatoid, Nov 7, 2006