    Professional 2007.

    Bloody enoying, any help would be great.
    Cheers. Biff
    Biff, Sep 3, 2007

  2. Biff

    olfart Guest

    "Biff" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone help me out with this little shit of a message that I get every
    > time I shut down windows XP Pro.
    > When you try to shut down Microsoft Windows, you receive the following
    > error message:
    > End Program-WMS Idle
    >
    > Ending Program. Please Wait
    >
    > If you choose to end the program immediately, you will lose any unsaved
    > data. To end the program now, click End Now.
    >
    > I have been told it has something to do with office. I run Office
    > Professional 2007.
    >
    > Bloody enoying, any help would be great.
    > Cheers. Biff

    Google has 75,000 hitd for WMS idle
    enjoy
    olfart, Sep 3, 2007

  3. Biff

    Paul Guest

    Biff wrote:
    > Can anyone help me out with this little shit of a message that I get every
    > time I shut down windows XP Pro.
    > When you try to shut down Microsoft Windows, you receive the following error
    > message:
    > End Program-WMS Idle
    >
    > Ending Program. Please Wait
    >
    > If you choose to end the program immediately, you will lose any unsaved
    > data. To end the program now, click End Now.
    >
    > I have been told it has something to do with office. I run Office
    > Professional 2007.
    >
    > Bloody enoying, any help would be great.
    > Cheers. Biff

    The MS KB has an official reason for "WMS Idle".

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921113/

    MAPI is described here a bit.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAPI

    But there could be other kinds of code that are doing something with MAPI.

    If you had some kind of malware that uses MAPI to communicate with the
    outside world, I suppose that is another possible interaction. Reading a
    malware report, it said modern malware now uses SMTP to mail stuff out
    of the machine, so using MAPI is no longer necessary. I only mention
    malware (like a trojan), since they are so common and so easy to get.

    http://www.castlecops.com/p41859-trojan_problems.html

    Paul
    Paul, Sep 3, 2007