    win32 app.
    Where is WMP 64-bit?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Paul Smith Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've seen WMP gets installed in Program Files x86 and also that it runs as
    > win32 app.
    > Where is WMP 64-bit?

    There isn't one yet. We really need a hard push towards 64-bit binaries, so
    we can finally cut all this legacy 32-bit deadwood out of our systems. ;-)

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

    Paul Smith, Jun 24, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    DKI Guest

    doubt there will be one for a while since i only seen xvid as the only 64bit
    codec and no other codecs out there are 64bit.

    DKI, Jun 24, 2005
  4. Windows Media Player 11 is coming November, so maybe it will be 64 bit
    native.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 24, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    DKI Guest

    Thats down to MS but also will all the other companies follow suit and
    upgrade there codecs to 64bit. open source codecs might be the fasest and
    first but codecs used in media players from closed source like cyberlink,
    nero, microsoft, might take there time to upgrade the executables and
    codecs.

    DKI, Jun 24, 2005
  6. It will all take time of course, there has got to be demand.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 24, 2005
  7. Paul Smith wrote:

    > There isn't one yet. We really need a hard push towards 64-bit binaries, so
    > we can finally cut all this legacy 32-bit deadwood out of our systems. ;-)

    Debian pure-amd64. The only OS I have seen so far that does not install
    anything 32bit by default. And amazingly enough it works rather well.

    :)

    Thomas

    Thomas Steffen, Jun 25, 2005