    device driver) I get an error on boot.

    Anyone have any ideas on the proper way to set this up using srvany?

    thanks
    Mark, Apr 5, 2005

  2. The wireless adapter is enumerated at startup and is active before the login
    process. I suspect that the Linksys wireless software does not though.
    Addtionally, the Linksys wireless service probably disabled the Microsoft
    client when you installed it. The Microsoft Wireless Zero Configuration
    service starts before login and will allow your wireless enabled computer to
    participate on the network prior to login. To take advantage of this
    feature you will have to give control of the adapter to our service though.

    You can enable the Microsoft Wireless Configuration Service by following the
    proceedure below:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl, and then click OK.
    2. Click Network Connections.
    3. In Network Connections, click to select your wireless connection,
    and then click Change settings of this connection.
    4. On the Wireless Networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to
    configure my wireless network settings check box.

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Apr 6, 2005

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Thanks Jerry, that tip will be perfect forr my WinXP clients, but I have
    more than a few Win2k clients that need authenticated also.
    i'm guessing it won't work with Win2k???

    Mark, Apr 7, 2005
  4. Unfortunately we did not make Zero Configuration for Windows 2000. However,
    SP4 and later include our 802.1x service. If you can procure a wireless
    client that runs as a service you'll be up and working on Windows 2000.
    Since it does not appear that the Linksys software will satisfy that
    requirement though, I'm limited on the product recommendations.

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Apr 7, 2005