    to process them and then they play on all the players. I was trying to
    play, not copy. Would prefer to find a solution without having to buy AnyDVD
    or play in another location.

    John Barnes, Apr 24, 2007

  2. John Barnes

    Dennis Pack Guest

    John:
    I'm seeing only about 1 second switch time with a DVD or AVI file
    playing. It's about the same on a 4400x2 (939), 5200x2 (AM2) and a TL50
    Turion HP notebook, all have 2GB ram and Nvidia video. Since I'm running
    Vista Enterprise x64 i had to install Nvidia PureVideo decoder and Ffdshow
    to play DVDs or AVI files. I can't answer about the CCS issue since I have
    AnyDVD installed.
    I just got TV working with Vista x64. I have the Leadtek TV2000xp
    Expert capture card with Vista supplied drivers. Leadtek doesn't list a
    WinFast PVR yet for Vista. Version 3.1.1.6 is the latest, which installs has
    video but no audio. Up to that point isn't new with x64, then I went to
    Titan TV tried to select a program from the guide which didn't work, also
    common with x64. Now came a surprise to me, I opened WinFast PVR and the
    audio is now present. I don't know why or how but it worked in 2 different
    computers with the same capture card and Vista Enterprise x64. When I get
    time I'll record some TV to see if the delay time increases. Have a great
    day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Apr 25, 2007

  3. John:
    DVD playback also has a "zone" limitation, even being legal.
    World was divided in many zones when they were conceived for movie playback.
    USA, of course, is "zone 1" and the count goes up to 6.
    South America is "zone 4".
    That was meant to avoid dumpind cheap DVD's from one region of the world
    into another.
    Maybe the legal videos you are trying to watch belog to other zone and that
    would account for AnyDVD solving it.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 25, 2007
  4. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks Carlos. Been so long I forgot you had to go into properties and
    select a region code.

    John Barnes, Apr 25, 2007
  5. John:
    AFAIK the region thing is in 3 places.
    DVD drive (firmware)
    OS
    DVD player.
    No more than 5 changes are allowed.
    Carños

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 25, 2007
  6. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Well, since I often try to find segments of long recordings, the 2 second
    delay is just too annoying and unnecessary, so I have dumped WMP11 in favor
    of using MPC for all audio/video types it supports.

    John Barnes, Apr 25, 2007
  7. John:
    FWIW.
    Regarding the first question of your post I have instant reaction (no 2 sec
    delay) on WMP11 in Vista x64 (Athlon 4200+x2, NVidia 7600GT, 2 gigs RAM,
    RAID0).
    I did the test with two different videos (one coded with XVid and the other
    one in H264).
    However, and I concur with you, MPC is alwas my first choice for playback.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 25, 2007
  8. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    I haven't tried it with a video. I used it (until this morning) and had it
    as the default for MP3, which I often will click thru to either find
    something I want the wife to hear, or to bypass advertisements and half
    hourly news. I also have Vista64, 5200+ x2 and nVidia 7600GT and 2 gigs of
    ram. If I remember it also did it with a movie DVD.
    MPC is instant with anything I use it for. Movies, MP4, MP3 RealMedia etc.
    Does this whether there is anything else running or not. Incidentally,
    since the stupid WMP11 won't shut off or close when the close button is
    clicked, I always had to remember to stop everything and if I forgot or was
    fed up with it, I would have to go into task manager and kill it. No way to
    get it to give up the 32k memory and cpu time unless killed in task manager.

    John Barnes, Apr 25, 2007