    was just watching a DVD last week no problems.

    Thank you so much for screwing my computer Microsoft.

    Anyone with any ideas?

    RR, Dec 18, 2006

  2. RR

    John Barnes Guest

    I haven't had any luck with WMP11 either, but I installed Media Player
    Classic with the http://www.codecguide.com/about_mega.htm and now enjoy the
    DVD's. I know Carlos and others have a problem with adding unneeded codecs,
    but this is my choice.
    As to WMP11, maybe someone knows of codecs that will work with it.

    John Barnes, Dec 18, 2006

  3. RR

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:13:56 -0800, "John Barnes" <>
    wrote:

    >I know Carlos and others have a problem with adding unneeded codecs,
    >but this is my choice.

    With some of the codec-packs which have MPC included, like K-Lite, you can
    select exactly which codecs you want to have installed.
    A program like G-Spot can tell you whther the codec is installed, and also
    which codec is required, so if there is a video-file which does not
    playback, you can install the codec later on.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Dec 18, 2006
  4. RR

    RR Guest

    John Barnes wrote:

    > I haven't had any luck with WMP11 either, but I installed Media Player
    > Classic with the http://www.codecguide.com/about_mega.htm and now enjoy
    > the DVD's. I know Carlos and others have a problem with adding unneeded
    > codecs, but this is my choice.
    > As to WMP11, maybe someone knows of codecs that will work with it.
    >

    > "RR" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> After reluctantly updating WMP, I am now stuck with a black screen. I
    >> was just watching a DVD last week no problems.
    >>
    >> Thank you so much for screwing my computer Microsoft.
    >>
    >> Anyone with any ideas?

    I uninstalled 11 which reloaded 10, but still not working.

    RR, Dec 19, 2006