WMP11

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Colin Barnhorst, Dec 3, 2006.

  1. Colin Barnhorst, Dec 3, 2006

  2. Colin Barnhorst

    Spinnacre Guest

    Luckily for most of us, the kid gloves are on most of the time around here.

    ~Spinnacre

    P.S. It's been out a little while, but you never know when someone might
    have missed it the first time around

    Spinnacre, Dec 3, 2006

  3. I downloaded WMP11 for x64 on October 31, but you are excused since the
    download you are pointing to, is 3 KB larger than the download I have. :)

    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    Core 2 Extreme X6800

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Dec 3, 2006
  4. Colin Barnhorst

    Spinnacre Guest

    OT: Re: WMP11

    > Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    > Core 2 Extreme X6800
    > RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
    > 4GB DDR2 800MHz
    > GeForce 8800GTX (96.89)
    > Enermax 1000W 75A@+12V
    > LAN 100/100
    > XP x64 dualboot Vista x64

    Is WLMd sucking power or something? That is one massive PSU... 1kW! Anyway,
    nice build.
    Spinnacre, Dec 3, 2006
  5. Colin Barnhorst

    Spinnacre Guest

    Re: Re: WMP11

    Meant to say: :-0

    Is x64 sucking power or something? That is one massive PSU... 1kW!
    Anyway, nice build.

    Spinnacre, Dec 3, 2006
  6. Yeah, "old" news.
    But...
    Still the only available language is English so it is sort of ruled out for
    my Spanish x64.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Dec 5, 2006
  7. Colin Barnhorst

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Re: Re: WMP11

    It is overkill for his system, but better more than enough than not enough.
    Unlike a light bulb, where a 100 W light bulb will always consume 100 W, a
    power supply only dishes out what's required by the system. It would cost
    no more to run this system over the course of a year than if he had a 500 W
    power supply installed.

    Here is a good site for calculating a PSU for a new system:

    http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Dec 7, 2006
  8. Colin Barnhorst