  1. Does anybody know whether the upcoming wmp11 will have an x64 version?
    Not a 32-bit version that can run on x64 like now, but a true 64-bit app.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 12, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 13, 2006

  3. Hi, Carlos.

    I am clueless on this field, but do you think it would really benefit - I
    kinda suspect much processing power will be squandered in making the parts
    run in tight unison, a loss not easily made up for by going 64bit, perhaps?

    Although the concept has some 'cool' potential - I think this is a
    fulfillment of the combined TV networks dream of attracting away the PC
    audience.

    ( i.e. distracting the active into in-activity!)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 13, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I have since noticed that Vista x64 also includes a 32-bit version of
    Windows Media Player (in the "Program Files (x86)" folder), and, the 64-bit
    version will only use 64-bit codecs (this makes sense).

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, May 14, 2006
  5. Its a bold move though, making WMP x64 the default player though. :)
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 15, 2006