    available in arabic, chinese and not in Spanish???
    Can't understand MS language priorities.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 17, 2006

  2. Thanks Carlos, sorry about the non support for XP x64, maybe at a later
    date. Maybe they are using a release strategy similar to IE 7. As for the
    language support, I find that strange also, but I have no worries, since I
    speak English only. ;)
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 17, 2006

  3. I also don't have problems with English.
    Problem is that if you install OS related programs in English (like WMP) on
    top of a Spanish OS you may get some windows with buttons in two languages
    Let's hope some day MS puts Spanish second in their priorities.
    After all, it is the second biggest minority in the US, ain't it so?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 17, 2006
  4. Homer J. Simpson, May 17, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Rick Guest

    1. When you start downloading video, you use up hard drive space quickly.

    2. Recommended video card & RAM will provide support for pleasant
    viewing of video.

    Rick, May 17, 2006
  6. > 1. When you start downloading video, you use up hard drive space quickly.

    If that's the case then essentially they pulled that 60GB figure out of
    their ass... Why not recommend 100GB? 1TB?

    > 2. Recommended video card & RAM will provide support for pleasant viewing
    > of video.

    I have an ancient ATI Xpert128 (that was headed for the dumpster a few years
    back) in one of my boxes that's dedicated to showing DVD content on a
    projector. Whether the card has 4MB or "more than 256" is irrelevant, as
    far as I'm concerned.

    If they're talking about pretty visualizers, that's always one of the first
    things I turn off on a new install.

    I want to see how MP11 will benefit from a 256MB video card, as opposed,
    say, to my "old" 6600GT with only 128MB (which can render HD-WMVs just fine,
    thank you very much). Until I can see that, I maintain those specs were
    pulled out of someone's ass.

    Homer J. Simpson, May 17, 2006
  7. On Wed, 17 May 2006 13:56:01 +0100, Carlos
    <> wrote:
    > After all, it is the second biggest minority in the US, ain't it so?
    > Carlos

    Globally, there are more Chinese users... Not sure about Arabic thou.....

    Mark Gillespie, May 17, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 17 May 2006 23:03:06 +0100, "Mark Gillespie"
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 May 2006 13:56:01 +0100, Carlos
    ><> wrote:
    >> After all, it is the second biggest minority in the US, ain't it so?
    >> Carlos

    >Globally, there are more Chinese users... Not sure about Arabic thou....

    Most Widely Spoken Languages in the World

    Language Approx. number of speakers
    1. Chinese (Mandarin) 1,075,000,000
    2. English 514,000,000
    3. Hindustani 496,000,000
    4. Spanish 425,000,000
    5. Russian 275,000,000
    6. Arabic 256,000,000
    7. Bengali 215,000,000
    8. Portuguese 194,000,000
    9. Malay-Indonesian 176,000,000
    10. French 129,000,000

    I think the attempt to release the English-version first, is from a
    marketing point-of-view totally absurd!

    jud

    ;-)

    Jud Hendrix, May 17, 2006
  9. On Wed, 17 May 2006 23:38:21 +0100, Jud Hendrix <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 17 May 2006 23:03:06 +0100, "Mark Gillespie"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 17 May 2006 13:56:01 +0100, Carlos
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> After all, it is the second biggest minority in the US, ain't it so?
    >>> Carlos

    >> Globally, there are more Chinese users... Not sure about Arabic
    >> thou....

    > Most Widely Spoken Languages in the World
    >
    > Language Approx. number of speakers
    > 1. Chinese (Mandarin) 1,075,000,000
    > 2. English 514,000,000
    > 3. Hindustani 496,000,000
    > 4. Spanish 425,000,000
    > 5. Russian 275,000,000
    > 6. Arabic 256,000,000
    > 7. Bengali 215,000,000
    > 8. Portuguese 194,000,000
    > 9. Malay-Indonesian 176,000,000
    > 10. French 129,000,000
    >
    > I think the attempt to release the English-version first, is from a
    > marketing point-of-view totally absurd!
    >
    > jud

    Of course you also have to consider how developed a country or countrie(s)
    that speak a particular language are. Whilst Chinese and Hindi speaking
    countries may be massive, they are not as developed as English speaking
    countries, hance not so many PC users...

    Mark Gillespie, May 17, 2006
  10. Therefore I conclude that the second logical choice for a language should be
    Spanish.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 18, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Jud Hendrix, May 18, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Roy Coorne, May 18, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 18 May 2006 02:24:22 +0200, Roy Coorne <> wrote:

    >Most interesting collection of statistics, indeed!

    Remember... there are lies, damned lies and statistics! :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, May 18, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    DP Guest

    "Mark Gillespie" <> wrote in message
    >Of course you also have to consider how developed a country or countrie(s)

    that speak a particular language are. Whilst Chinese and Hindi speaking
    countries may be massive, they are not as developed as English speaking
    countries, hance not so many PC users...

    And yet many help-line calls for computers, peripherals, etc are funneled to
    India. Go figure.

    DP, May 20, 2006