  1. Ditto.
    Does anybody know anything?
    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 08:41:03 -0700, Carlos
    <> wrote:

    What is/are the additional advantage(s) of WMP11?

    jud?
    Jud Hendrix, Sep 1, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    It's a new version of the software with new features! I've used it, I
    actualy quite like it.

    As for getting it for x64... I guess we'll have to wait until the final
    release to see what happens. I believe some people have succeeded in
    getting it to run on x64 using more "hack-y" solutions. There is a native
    x64 version for Vista.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 1, 2006
  4. None that I can think of. :)
    It must be bigger, slower, buggier, clumsier and eat all available memory
    (phyisical and virtual).
    I just wanna brag about having WMP11, which doesn't necessarily imply that I
    use it.
    My player is, by and large, Media Player Classic.
    Second to none!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 1, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    MPC sure does a nice clean job. Mine too. Great for QuickTime alternative,
    Real Alternative etc.

    John Barnes, Sep 1, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:20:01 -0700, Carlos
    <> wrote:

    >None that I can think of. :)

    Well, thanks for your info ;-)

    >It must be bigger, slower, buggier, clumsier and eat all available memory
    >(phyisical and virtual).

    And have better DRM?

    >I just wanna brag about having WMP11, which doesn't necessarily imply that I
    >use it.

    :) I was just curious. I have some friends who use it with downloading their music, movies etc, and was wondering if there would be any benefits for them. I'll browse a bit around, see if I can find some more info.

    >My player is, by and large, Media Player Classic.
    >Second to none!

    We agreed on that before!

    >Carlos

    jud
    (will be watching Motorcycle Diaries finally tonight)
    Jud Hendrix, Sep 1, 2006
  7. "Jud Hendrix" wrote:
    Well...
    You know...
    I'm like Windows: Always low on memory!
    I wonder whether Kingston is every gonna make BIM modules (Brain Inside
    Memory) so that I can have a BRAM (Brain RAM) upgrade!!!
    LOL
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 1, 2006
  8. I don't believe MS is going to release a beta x64 version. It should be
    available for x64 when WMP11 launches.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 2, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Spock Guest

    I can't get my wmp to work it comes up with an error that wmp.dll is not the
    one expected.
    I have looked but can not find the 64bit version of wmp on the net.
    Can anyone help?

    Thank you.

    >I don't believe MS is going to release a beta x64 version. It should be
    >available for x64 when WMP11 launches.
    >
    > "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    >> Ditto.
    >> Does anybody know anything?
    >> Carlos

    > ---
    > Virus Database (VPS): 0635-4, 01/09/2006
    > Tested on: 3/09/2006 6:19:52 PM

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0635-4, 01/09/2006
    Tested on: 3/09/2006 6:24:55 PM
    Spock, Sep 3, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Look on your install CD. It is in the I386 file with the name wwmp.dl
    expand the file, you should end up with wwmp.dll You are on your own from
    there, but it has all the correct properties.
    You should see what system file checker does for you (cmd sfc /scannow) or
    you could try a repair install (I have had nothing but bad luck with that,
    personally)

    John Barnes, Sep 3, 2006