WMP11 64-bit for XP x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Oct 9, 2008.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Oct 9, 2008

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 10, 2008

  3. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Yes, for most of us it is rather late but I think Tony is still on XP x64.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 10, 2008
  4. Oh, yes! Quite right, but not using 'THAT' MP, though. Maybe I should, but I
    keep thinking that just as I get acustomed to using one version of IE or MP
    they make a new one that is inevitably filled with stupid extras.

    To make up for all that, I managed to locate a source of Pisco right here in
    Copenhagen. They wanted to peddle a Machu Pisco, but I settled for a Capel
    which was only half the price! (the global finances taken into account. . .)
    I fixed me up a 'sour' but not being used to juggle measures like Oz's and
    teaspoons I probably made it too sour - not all that bad, really, I can
    vividly imagine me incorporating it into my general supply, but I definitely
    must experiment with the ingredients. Perhaps I'll try Orangejuice to set a
    kind of reference frame for myself?

    Have a nice W-E everybody!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 10, 2008
  5. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    As a matter of fact the brand "Capel" also manufactures the Pisco Sour.
    I mean, it is already mixed/made, no need to experiment with mixes, you have
    only got to pour it into your favorite glass.
    Another good Pisco Sour brand is the chilean "Campanario" ("Bell tower").
    Cost in Argentina for both Pisco Sours is around 10 dollars.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 10, 2008
  6. How convenient! I'm afraid the two were the only ones they had, but I shall
    certainly inform them. That should take care of any references.

    I am also very much afraid that they will not be able to match that price -
    I paid around $35, and that is pretty fair seing that the Machu would've
    cost around $65 in the present currency. And this makes me wonder if I could
    ever taste the 30 bucks worth of difference

    My experiments, however, turned out pretty good. Using, what is probably
    called 'common sense', (or Hipshooting?) I managed to come up with
    something, being significantly more than just 'agreeable':

    3 - 4 cl of Pisco with a pinch of sugar and a squirt of lemon came out very
    well indeed.

    I am for ever indepted to you Carlos - now I can put the Gin's and the
    Ouzo's way back in the dark (for my brother and all the females). I really
    only ever drink Coffe and Whisky, but the occasional alternative (which is
    Cognac) has now got some decent competition. (Not that they could ever
    substitute each other, of course!)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 10, 2008
  7. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    A little of Pisco Sour history lesson here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisco_Sour
    and the final recipe!!!
    http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink5931.html
    3 parts pisco brandy
    1 1/2 parts lemon juice
    1 - 2 tbsp sugar

    or the more complicated:
    2 oz pisco brandy
    1 oz lime juice
    1/4 oz simple syrup
    1/2 egg white
    1 dash Angostura® bitters

    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 10, 2008
  8. Great!

    Thank you, these links are saved, now I can never forget!

    Tony. . .(slurp, gargle)

    Tony Sperling, Oct 10, 2008
  9. Carlos

    janman_dk Guest

    Hmm it might be dated 10/8/2008 but I downloaded a version 14 months ago when
    I re-installed my XP64. The file names are the exact same, but this new
    version is 10 KB ligther :)

    Maybe it is an updated installation?!

    Cheers
    Jan (the other dane)