    even SEE the device, let alone sync with it. It suggests I 'refresh' WMP by
    pressing F5, which does nothing to help.
    HELP!

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJldw==?=, Feb 18, 2006

  2. Probably means you need a driver for the PPC, I'm afraid. And when that will
    be available, I don't know. If your device uses USB, you could try VMWare
    and a 32-bit version of Windows on it to do the syncing. (Virtual Server
    won't work for this, since you need to be able to capture the USB port and
    VS doesn't support USB.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 18, 2006

  3. I'm not sure, but here's some more insight into this problem...
    The PPC is from Cingular (the 8125). ActiveSync does NOT show a 'Media'
    option like it does for 'Inbox', 'Files', 'Favorites', etc. I've researched
    this a bit more and found that it has to do with the installation of WMP10 &
    ActiveSync 4.x. Basically, if ActiveSync doesn't 'notice' WMP10's
    installation, it simply does not add the 'Media' option. The problem others
    have had was due to the fact that they upgraded to WMP10 AFTER ActiveSync
    4.x. Therefore reinstalling (repairing) ActiveSync fixes their problem. I,
    however, am running WinXP x64 which comes with it's own 'version' of WMP10 -
    one I cannot reinstall from Microsoft's site by simply re-downloading it.
    Therefore, I am guessing, that ActiveSync simply does not recognize my x64
    version of WMP10. Does this sound logical, and does anyone know a solution??
    Thank you again!!

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJldw==?=, Feb 18, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RHJldw==?=

    Rick Guest

    Who make the PPC 8125? I cannot find any such model on the Cingular web
    site.

    Rick, Feb 18, 2006
  5. It may, you're outside my area of expertise.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 18, 2006
  6. HTC makes the 'Cingular 8215'. HTC calls it the 'HTC Wizard'. Here's a link
    to Cingular's site for the PPC (use a NYC zip code cause I know that will
    display it... 10001, for example).
    http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/ce...17200027&q_deviceId=cdsku9870111&WT.svl=mod37

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJldw==?=, Feb 19, 2006