    How can I sort that mess?
    Thanks for you help.
    AD
    AD, Jul 31, 2005

  2. AD

    pcbutts1 Guest

    AD, <> wrote:

    > I have managed to delete by accident (or sheer stupidity) all licenses
    > (inc back up) for Window Media Player (10) which allows music bought on
    > line to be downloaded.

    When are the Jackson 5 gonna make a new album?

    > As I realised long after the delete happened, restoring XP to a previous
    > point does not work as the restore points have long gone as well!

    After many a summer, dies the swan.

    > I have tried to remove Windows Media Player and re-install it, hoping to
    > acquire a new license...

    I too have tried to remove windows media player and re-install it.

    > but that did not work..

    That late, huh?

    > more than likely because there are files and folders and have left.

    Because you're smart. <snicker>

    > How can I sort that mess?

    I have no idea. How can you sort that mess?

    > Thanks for you help.

    Thank God I smoke.

    > AD.

    You're a model citizen.
    pcbutts1, Jul 31, 2005

  3. AD

    AD Guest

    spare time on your hand?
    ;-)

    AD, Jul 31, 2005
  4. AD

    Toolman Tim Guest

    It's a bot. Trash talking, automated response system. Ignore it.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 31, 2005
  5. AD

    FML Guest

    AD wrote:
    > I have managed to delete by accident (or sheer stupidity) all licenses (inc
    > back up) for Window Media Player (10) which allows music bought on line to
    > be downloaded.
    > As I realised long after the delete happened, restoring XP to a previous
    > point does not work as the restore points have long gone as well!
    > I have tried to remove Windows Media Player and re-install it, hoping to
    > acquire a new license... but that did not work.. more than likely because
    > there are files and folders and have left.
    > How can I sort that mess?
    > Thanks for you help.
    > AD

    Make sure the filenames drmv1key.bak, drmv1lic.bak, drmv2key.bak,
    drmv2lic.bak don't exist somewhere on your computer, these are your
    license backups. The license files are what allow you to play, copy,
    burn the music files and are created on your system at the same time
    that the music is downloaded. They are then backed up so that if
    something happens to the originals they can be restored. If you deleted
    both the licenses and the backup then I think you are hosed. You may
    contact whomever you purchased the music from to see if they can be
    recreated but I doubt it.
    FML, Jul 31, 2005
  6. "AD" <> wrote in message
    >I have managed to delete by accident (or sheer stupidity) all licenses (inc
    > back up) for Window Media Player (10) which allows music bought on line to
    > be downloaded.
    > As I realised long after the delete happened, restoring XP to a previous
    > point does not work as the restore points have long gone as well!
    > I have tried to remove Windows Media Player and re-install it, hoping to
    > acquire a new license... but that did not work.. more than likely because
    > there are files and folders and have left.
    > How can I sort that mess?
    > Thanks for you help.
    > AD

    More fool you for paying for downloads. It's all business, and you are just
    another pawn of MSNAPPLEBIGCORPS. You tried to do the correct thing, and now
    they have your arse and wallet at thier infinate mercy.

    **SS**
    Secret Squiddle, Jul 31, 2005
  7. AD

    AD Guest

    Many thanks for you response.... looks like I got rid of the whole lot,
    inclusing the bak files you mention.
    I did get in touch with the music provider... but no response so far.
    But again, thanks
    AD

    AD, Jul 31, 2005