    WMP 10 is pretty good, I like the way it integrates into the taskbar.

    One thing I miss from winamp though, is the "J" shortcut to skip
    directly to a song.. I can't seem to find the equivalent in WMP?
    Jax, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Jax

    Dorado Guest

    Jax wrote:
    > WMP 10 is pretty good, I like the way it integrates into the taskbar.
    >
    > One thing I miss from winamp though, is the "J" shortcut to skip
    > directly to a song.. I can't seem to find the equivalent in WMP?

    FYI the integration into the taskbar was there even in version 9.0
    Dorado, Sep 18, 2004

  3. Jax

    gj Guest

    Jax wrote:
    > WMP 10 is pretty good, I like the way it integrates into the taskbar.
    >
    > One thing I miss from winamp though, is the "J" shortcut to skip
    > directly to a song.. I can't seem to find the equivalent in WMP?

    I am using Quintessential Player from Quinnware (http://quinnware.com)
    due to compatibility issues with Winamp on Windows XP.

    I installed it after Winamp got really screwed up in Windows XP with
    more than one profile. I believe it was a recommendation from here.

    I find it a good player and I can listen to Winamp streams. For those on
    Paradise here is Paradise's bandwidth free stream page -
    https://www.paradise.net.nz/detect/frames/default/cgi-bin/main/show-streams

    My main beef with WMP is I hate its media library. It is too clunky, I
    believe as they tried to be clever they stuffed it up. Winamps media
    library is simple to use and I had no hassles until Windows XP.

    My 5c worth (sorry coin not available)

    GJ
    gj, Sep 19, 2004
  4. Jax

    Karen Parker Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:12:51 +1200, gj <> wrote:

    >Jax wrote:
    >> WMP 10 is pretty good, I like the way it integrates into the taskbar.
    >>
    >> One thing I miss from winamp though, is the "J" shortcut to skip
    >> directly to a song.. I can't seem to find the equivalent in WMP?

    >I am using Quintessential Player from Quinnware (http://quinnware.com)
    >due to compatibility issues with Winamp on Windows XP.
    >
    >I installed it after Winamp got really screwed up in Windows XP with
    >more than one profile. I believe it was a recommendation from here.
    >
    >I find it a good player and I can listen to Winamp streams. For those on
    >Paradise here is Paradise's bandwidth free stream page -
    >https://www.paradise.net.nz/detect/frames/default/cgi-bin/main/show-streams
    >
    >My main beef with WMP is I hate its media library. It is too clunky, I
    >believe as they tried to be clever they stuffed it up. Winamps media
    >library is simple to use and I had no hassles until Windows XP.
    >
    >My 5c worth (sorry coin not available)
    >

    >GJ

    Yes its a Great Player..
    Karen Parker, Sep 19, 2004
  5. Jax

    PseUDO Guest

    PseUDO, Sep 19, 2004
  6. Jax

    Gavin Guest

    PseUDO wrote:

    > gj wrote:
    > SNIP
    >
    >> I find it a good player and I can listen to Winamp streams. For those
    >> on Paradise here is Paradise's bandwidth free stream page -
    >> https://www.paradise.net.nz/detect/frames/default/cgi-bin/main/show-streams
    >>

    >> GJ
    >>

    > Only free for dialup users, ADSL customers still pay data charges.
    >
    > PseUDO

    Free for Paradise/Telstra Clear cable. 2Mb makes 128 or 192kb music
    quite nice!!
    Gavin, Sep 20, 2004
  7. Jax

    PseUDO Guest

    Gavin wrote:
    > PseUDO wrote:
    >
    >> gj wrote:
    >> SNIP
    >>
    >>> I find it a good player and I can listen to Winamp streams. For those
    >>> on Paradise here is Paradise's bandwidth free stream page -
    >>> https://www.paradise.net.nz/detect/frames/default/cgi-bin/main/show-streams
    >>>

    >>> GJ
    >>>

    >> Only free for dialup users, ADSL customers still pay data charges.
    >>
    >> PseUDO
    >>

    > Free for Paradise/Telstra Clear cable. 2Mb makes 128 or 192kb music
    > quite nice!!

    Would be good if the remaining 98% of NZ could get cable !!

    PseUDO
    PseUDO, Sep 20, 2004
  8. Jax

    EMB Guest

    PseUDO wrote:

    > Would be good if the remaining 98% of NZ could get cable !!

    Would be a good start if everyone could get something better than dial-up.

    --
    EMB
    change two to the number to reply
    EMB, Sep 20, 2004