    Why is Quicktime saying that another application has control over this
    format and that format every week. This is getting rediculous and has to
    stop.
    RR, Dec 20, 2006

  2. Ah, this may well be connected with the issue 'below'. In addition to what I
    said there, you may want to flash your BIOS if there's a fresh version.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 20, 2006

  3. RR

    RR Guest

    Tony Sperling wrote:
    > Ah, this may well be connected with the issue 'below'. In addition to what I
    > said there, you may want to flash your BIOS if there's a fresh version.
    >

    > Tony. . .
    >

    > "RR" <> wrote in message
    >> Still getting a black screen while attempting to play DVD's when aweek
    >> ago the DVD's played fine. Only changes were the upgrade to WMP11 64.
    >>
    >> Going back to WMP10 doesn't help. Reloading video controller drivers
    >> dont help. Why can't Windows configurations stay the same?
    >>
    >> Why is Quicktime saying that another application has control over this
    >> format and that format every week. This is getting rediculous and has to
    >> stop.

    yep done that and still no luck.

    Even though I was watching a DVD last week with out any problems,
    wouldn't imagine the BIOS being the problem.
    RR, Dec 20, 2006
  4. RR

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:15:09 -0800, RR <> wrote:

    >Even though I was watching a DVD last week with out any problems,
    >wouldn't imagine the BIOS being the problem.

    It must be a lack of the codec. Try and install the trial-version of WinDVD
    http://www.intervideo.com/WinDVD/ or PowerDVD
    http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_1_ENU.html
    and see if that brings back DVD-playback on WMP, then you know for sure it
    is a codec-problem.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Dec 20, 2006
  5. RR

    John Barnes Guest

    Still enjoying my movies with MPC. :)

    John Barnes, Dec 20, 2006
  6. RR

    RR Guest

    Jud Hendrix wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:15:09 -0800, RR <> wrote:
    >
    >> Even though I was watching a DVD last week with out any problems,
    >> wouldn't imagine the BIOS being the problem.

    > It must be a lack of the codec. Try and install the trial-version of WinDVD
    > http://www.intervideo.com/WinDVD/ or PowerDVD
    > http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_1_ENU.html
    > and see if that brings back DVD-playback on WMP, then you know for sure it
    > is a codec-problem.
    >
    > jud

    WinDVD trial didn't work
    RR, Dec 20, 2006
  7. Yes, I entirely agree. Less, sometimes, really IS more!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 20, 2006