    I'd really like to start over with WMP9 but think that is not possible. So
    does the WMP9 "Media Library" list exist somewhere that could be deleted or
    edited. Thanks.

    Klein, Aug 26, 2004

  2. Klein

    °Mike° Guest

    Right click on the entry, and select 'Delete from Library'.

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:02:05 GMT, in
    <NsqXc.14006$-kc.rr.com>
    Klein scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 26, 2004

  3. Klein

    Klein Guest

    > Right click on the entry, and select 'Delete from Library'.

    Under FILE / EDIT CURRENT PLAYLIST the only right-click options shown in my
    configuration are PLAY and ADD TO PLAYLIST. I cannot find another other
    option that lists files available.

    Is there is a more direct way of getting to the media library entries?

    Klein, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Klein

    Klein Guest

    > I cannot find a straightforward way in WMP9
    > to delete media library entry names. If the file is deleted, an option
    > exists to have WMP9 delete the name -- however, my files do not exist
    > to be deleted.

    Where does the "media library" live and what does it consist of? Registry
    entries, files, etc.? I cannot find it either in the registry or in a
    regular file.

    Klein, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Klein

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 04:29:45 GMT, in
    <ZMyXc.20625$-kc.rr.com>
    Klein scrawled:

    >> Right click on the entry, and select 'Delete from Library'.

    >Under FILE / EDIT CURRENT PLAYLIST the only right-click options shown in my
    >configuration are PLAY and ADD TO PLAYLIST. I cannot find another other
    >option that lists files available.

    Who said anything about "File / Edit"?

    >Is there is a more direct way of getting to the media library entries?

    Do it as I said.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 27, 2004
  6. Klein

    Klein Guest

    I *do not* have a <RIGHT-CLICK> DELETE option, for whatever reason. Here's
    a good answer I received that worked great. Another alternative I found is
    a Media Player plugin that exports (for edit) and imports the library
    entries.

    Thanks to all for their help.

    - - - - -

    Q: How do I rebuild a broken Media Library?

    In Windows Media Player 9 Series, the library is per user. The user's
    database will be found at " C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local
    Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\CurrentDatabase_59R.wmdb"
    on a Windows XP system. On other systems, just look for "CurrentDatabase_
    59R.wmdb" on the system. To rename it, just add ".bak" to the file.

    Klein, Aug 27, 2004