WMP 9 install questions

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Shep©, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Shep©

    Shep© Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:39:59 GMT, In this world we created ECLiPSE
    2002 <> wrote :

    >Have some basic questions regarding the installation of WMP 9:
    >
    >I have WMP 7.01 presently - is the new 9 version worth the upgrade?
    >
    >If so, does the 9 version overwrite the 7.01 version or must I first
    >uninstall 7.01 and then install 9
    >
    >Any precautions or tips before installation when using Win 98se?
    >
    >Thanks for any assistance,
    >
    >Frank

    It overwrites so you don't need to un-install anything.If you don't
    like it it should place it's un-install in the Add Remove Programs or
    you can just re-associate your media file types with the old Mplayer2
    if you wish.Deselect in WMP the file types and the start/run and type
    mplayer2/OK and set them in there.If that doesn't take you can use
    Explorer/view/Folder options/File types and remove the file type.Then
    double click on one and choose Mplayer2 from the list.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    ECLiPSE 2002, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Shep©

    this sucks Guest

    Just be careful of the OS you are using....If you are using W98 it may not
    behave properly, although for the most part mine does...XP should not be a
    problem...

    this sucks, Jul 18, 2003
  4. On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:39:59 +0000, ECLiPSE 2002 wrote:

    > Have some basic questions regarding the installation of WMP 9:
    >
    > I have WMP 7.01 presently - is the new 9 version worth the upgrade?
    >
    > If so, does the 9 version overwrite the 7.01 version or must I first
    > uninstall 7.01 and then install 9
    >
    > Any precautions or tips before installation when using Win 98se?
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance,
    >
    > Frank

    WMP 9 installs Digital Rights Management software, which is meant to be a
    major system 'upgrade' for WinXP, and is uninstallable. Google DRM to find
    out more about just how wonderfull this will be. Not. You'd be better off
    installing Winamp 3 if you wanted a more up to date player.
    Reg

    Reginald Perrin, Jul 18, 2003
  5. Shep©

    ECLiPSE 2002 Guest