    Still conversion from pocket Excel to "regular" excel format is not
    supported when copying from the device to the hard disk.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 14, 2006

  2. Same problem
    - fresh install of Vista RC2 build 5744 (i86 version)
    - fresh install of WMDC beta 6.0.6526
    Sync with Toshiba e355 (Pocket Pc 2003) works fine,
    but no conversion of pocket Excel, pocket Word to desktop version files.

    Thanks in advance
    Jose.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBNYXJjZW5hcm8=?=, Oct 20, 2006

  3. Dear Jose,

    How can one get RC2? My WMDC (including Beta 3 update) does not work on RC1.

    I have Windows Vista RC1 x86, and a Dell Axim x51v Windows Mobile 5.0.

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRmb290ZQ==?=, Oct 20, 2006
  4. As far as I know, it's available to those participating in beta program, by
    invitation :eek:(

    But I'm not really sure.
    Regards
    Jose.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBNYXJjZW5hcm8=?=, Oct 20, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Zapper Guest

    It was also availalbe to the first 200,000 members of the public who
    downloaded it..
    http://bink.nu/Article8501.bink

    On Monday, just two days after making the Release Candidate 2 (RC2) version
    of Windows Vista available to the public via the Customer Preview Program
    (CPP), Microsoft pulled the download, confounding users who were hoping to
    get the last public pre-release version of the product. But despite rumors
    of problems, Microsoft says its removal of RC2 was all part of the plan.

    "Windows Vista RC2 was an interim release distributed for the purposes of
    final testing by a limited audience," a Microsoft representative told me
    late yesterday. "Once that limit was reached and the necessary feedback was
    collected from the CPP audience, Microsoft closed the site. For now, Windows
    Vista RC1 remains the primary version for distribution and ongoing use."

    That limit, incidentally, was 200,000 users. Microsoft program manager Nick
    White says that the company distributed RC2 to that many CPP customers in
    under 72 hours and then closed the download, as it had planned. Vista RC2 is
    still available to technical beta testers and MSDN and TechNet subscribers,
    however, Microsoft tells me.

    Zapper, Oct 20, 2006
  6. Thanks for the information, Gentlemen!

    =?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRmb290ZQ==?=, Oct 21, 2006
  7. Lightfoote:
    Try some file sharing network (emule, etc.).
    Not quite legal but will allow you to have a copy.
    USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    Carlos.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 21, 2006
  8. Hi Carlos

    I had the same problem, and found that Pocket Excel (in Pocket PC 2000 and
    following versions) may use the Excel 2000 XLS format without conversion.
    Of course, only the features available in Pocket Excel are available.
    The same is true for Pocket Word and Word

    So I used this workaround

    a) make a last sync with my old Windows XP and ActiveSync, got the
    Excel/Word files in my PC
    b) repeated the sync in Windows Vista, got a lot of .pxl unusable crap :)
    c) deleted all files in the Windows Vista sync folder and sync - they are
    deleted in the device as well
    d) copied all the Excel/Word files from step (a) and sync again

    voila! everything is available both in PC and device, and further changes
    are sync'ed both ways.

    To keep in mind:
    - when creating a new document on the device, use the desktop format
    (i.e.XLS) instead of the pocket one.
    - the desktop format is a little bigger than the pocket one - not an issue
    in my case.

    Hope this helps
    Jose.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBNYXJjZW5hcm8=?=, Oct 24, 2006
  9. Dear Jose and Carlos,

    Can you get WMDC to synchronize between a Pocket PC and MS Outlook running
    under Windows Vista RC1? I can't...

    If you've got some ideas or workarounds, I sure would appreciate it...

    Lightfoote
    (909) 865-9535

    =?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRmb290ZQ==?=, Oct 24, 2006
  10. Hi Jose,

    I tried a similar approach but with no success. I just copied my backup xls
    file to the sync folder on my pc (so it would be sync'ed to my PDA). And it
    is sync'ed, but it remains as .XLS, and any change made in the my PDA is
    simply ignored while loading on my PC.

    In fact I'm a bit disapointed, since Outlook 2000 is not supported by WMDC,
    because I already own Outlook 2000 (came with my PDA). I hope Microsoft could
    review its "system requirements" so I could still use my PDA and my Outlook
    2000 when Vista arives.

    Does anyone has any information about this convertion issue? Maybe Microsoft
    will not add this feature to WMDC, since with Windows Mobile 5, there is no
    need to convert XLS to PXL, because Mobile Excel uses "native" XLS format.
    But, as the system requirements says, it supports Windows Mobile 2003, so it
    also must support PXL files.

    Thanks for your tip, even not working for me :(

    =?Utf-8?B?YWxlZnJhZ25hbmk=?=, Nov 13, 2006