    files on a hard drive to MP3 files quickly and easily?

    My clients moaning they cant fit many wma files on their mp3 player LOL

    Rider

    Rider, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Rider

    Krazy BoB Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    news:vIQjd.5283$...
    > Is the plugin for media player to convert to MP3 from WMA a purchase or is
    > it a free download? Or is there better software to convert a stack of WMA
    > files on a hard drive to MP3 files quickly and easily?
    >
    > My clients moaning they cant fit many wma files on their mp3 player LOL
    >
    > Rider

    I have a programe called exact audio cd, rip songs off the cd into wave
    format then download a programe called lame and set exact audio copy to
    encrypt it into mp3.
    (note you can not use lame as a stand alone programe needs to be used in
    conjuction with exact audio copy)

    Krazy BoB, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Rider

    Bb Guest

    "Krazy BoB" <@.com> wrote in message

    > "Rider" <> wrote in message
    > > Is the plugin for media player to convert to MP3 from WMA a purchase or

    is
    > > it a free download? Or is there better software to convert a stack of

    WMA
    > > files on a hard drive to MP3 files quickly and easily?
    > >
    > > My clients moaning they cant fit many wma files on their mp3 player LOL
    > >
    > > Rider

    > I have a programe called exact audio cd, rip songs off the cd into wave
    > format then download a programe called lame and set exact audio copy to
    > encrypt it into mp3.
    > (note you can not use lame as a stand alone programe needs to be used in
    > conjuction with exact audio copy)

    Fairstars Audio Converter does this & a whole lot more - can't recall if
    it's free though.

    Bb, Nov 8, 2004
  4. Rider

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 09:31:30 +1300, Rider wrote:

    > Is the plugin for media player to convert to MP3 from WMA a purchase or is
    > it a free download? Or is there better software to convert a stack of WMA
    > files on a hard drive to MP3 files quickly and easily?
    >
    > My clients moaning they cant fit many wma files on their mp3 player LOL
    >
    > Rider

    If these are lossy WMA files, you really don't want to do this, the end
    result would be awful. You are converting from one lossly compression
    format to another. Far better to burn the WMA to cd (as uncompressed CDA)
    but this is not much use for an mp3 player.
    However if they are lossless WMA files (they should be about 20-40mb each)
    then yes, this is possible. Get the Nero fast burning plugin for windows
    media player, Go to the copy files to device page, and select the fast
    burning plugin as the device. When the nero wizard thing opens, burn to an
    image file (*.nrg). You can then extract WAVE files from the image using
    nero (im not sure if nero can do it) otherwise you can use Daemon-tools or
    something like WinISO. Once you have WAV files converting to mp3 with LAME
    is easy.

    -[Myth]-, Nov 8, 2004
  5. Rider

    Edmond Lo Guest

    I have used a software called dbPowerAmp. It is free.
    See:
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

    Edmond Lo, Nov 8, 2004
  6. Edmond Lo wrote:
    > I have used a software called dbPowerAmp. It is free.
    > See:
    > http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

    I'd recommend that one too.. on this months PC Authority CD as well.

    Robert Bradshaw, Nov 9, 2004
  7. Krazy BoB wrote:
    > I have a programe called exact audio cd, rip songs off the cd into wave
    > format then download a programe called lame and set exact audio copy to
    > encrypt it into mp3.
    > (note you can not use lame as a stand alone programe needs to be used in
    > conjuction with exact audio copy)

    You only can't use LAME as a standalone application if you can't work
    out what the command parameters mean. Unfortunately EAC doesn't (or
    didn't in the last version I tried) ship with a GUI interface to all of
    the LAME features.

    Personally I rip to WAVE format using EAC, then use LAME (As a
    standalone application) to encode the files. A simple batch file makes
    the process painless.

    Due to odd behaviour of my CD-ROM drive on my RAID controller, I haven't
    ripped anything in months. Planning on trying Vorbis for the next lot of
    rips (Only issue is I can only play MP3 files on my portable device).

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Nov 9, 2004
  8. Rider

    GraB Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 21:32:39 +1300, The Other Guy <>
    wrote:

    >Krazy BoB wrote:
    >> I have a programe called exact audio cd, rip songs off the cd into wave
    >> format then download a programe called lame and set exact audio copy to
    >> encrypt it into mp3.
    >> (note you can not use lame as a stand alone programe needs to be used in
    >> conjuction with exact audio copy)

    >You only can't use LAME as a standalone application if you can't work
    >out what the command parameters mean. Unfortunately EAC doesn't (or
    >didn't in the last version I tried) ship with a GUI interface to all of
    >the LAME features.
    >
    >Personally I rip to WAVE format using EAC, then use LAME (As a
    >standalone application) to encode the files. A simple batch file makes
    >the process painless.
    >
    >Due to odd behaviour of my CD-ROM drive on my RAID controller, I haven't
    >ripped anything in months. Planning on trying Vorbis for the next lot of
    >rips (Only issue is I can only play MP3 files on my portable device).
    >
    >The Other Guy

    Keep an eye on the PC mags. There are often free utilities that will
    convert formats.

    GraB, Nov 9, 2004