WLM Auto playing of voice clips not working

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Watcher of the Skies, Nov 29, 2009.

  1. I have a strange problem,

    Windows Live Messenger 2009 Build 14.0.8089.726
    Installed on:-
    Acer Laptop - XP Home 2002 SP3 (Norton 360) (WiFi)
    Advent Netbook - XP Home 2002 SP3 (Norton 360) (WiFi)
    Compaq Laptop - XP Pro 2002 SP2 (no AV) (Wired)
    Home Built tower - XP Home 2002 SP3 (Norton 360) (Wired)
    connected to:-
    Virgin Media 10Mbps cable connection (cable modem - not STB), ActionTech
    WiFi router, 5-way 10/100 Ethernet Router

    On just one of my hotmail accounts (it is a hotmail.com domain), I cannot
    get received voice clips to play automatically - I always need to click on
    "Play/stop" in the message window to hear them. I have checked the box in
    the options section "Play voice clips automatically when they are received".
    I have tried un-checking it and checking it again - I have tried signing out
    and in again between checkings.

    When I sign in using a different ID (a hotmail.co.uk domain) it works
    perfectly.

    This happens whichever comp I use. The XP Pro machine has a clean WLM
    install on it - not upgraded from older versions. So I think its an issue
    with my hotmail.com account and not an issue with WLM or its config or PC
    setups.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated

    Thanks
    Chris