WLL Internet connection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by P. Jayant, Jun 23, 2004.

  1. P. Jayant

    P. Jayant Guest

    Some of the I.S.P.s in India have just started providing 115 kbps
    fixed line Internet connections with WLL. The only Option provided is
    to take the LG Electronics Telephone Instrument which obviously
    incorporates a modem, provided by them. The Sales and Marketing people
    cannot specify what modem is there inside the instrument.

    What is the difference between the WLL Internet under XP vs. the wireless
    networking discussed in this Newsgroup?

    Is it acommon practice all over the world for telecom cum internet service

    providers to install their own telephone instrument with built-in modem?

    Or can one select the best available modem in the market? If YES, which

    is the best external modem for 115 kbps WLL link? Are there any reviews

    of modems of this type?

    Any references to the web-sites which provide information on WLL
    connections and the DOs and DON'Ts of it would be highly appreciated.

    P. Jayant

    P. Jayant, Jun 23, 2004

  2. P. Jayant

    Pavel A. Guest

    "P. Jayant" <> wrote in message news:...
    > What is the difference between the WLL Internet under XP vs. the wireless
    > networking discussed in this Newsgroup?

    Wireless Local Loop is proprietary voice over wireless.
    Since it's proprietary, providers install their own phones, and no, they won't disclose any details on the modem :)

    This group is for wireless *networking* - that's, data or voice over data link.
    Most of wireless LANs discussed here are 802.11.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Jun 23, 2004

  3. P. Jayant

    jayant Guest

    "Pavel A." <> wrote in message news:<#>...
    > "P. Jayant" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > What is the difference between the WLL Internet under XP vs. the wireless
    > > networking discussed in this Newsgroup?

    > Wireless Local Loop is proprietary voice over wireless.
    > Since it's proprietary, providers install their own phones, and no, they won't disclose any details on the modem :)
    >
    > This group is for wireless *networking* - that's, data or voice over data link.
    > Most of wireless LANs discussed here are 802.11.
    >
    > --PA

    Thanks. Sorry to have posted my message on this newsgroup.
    Unfortunately, I have found no newsgroup discussing issues involving
    Voice and Internet combined over Wireless or WLL.

    P. Jayant

    jayant, Jun 26, 2004