WLAN_REASON_CODE_ASSOCIATION_FAILURE?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by John Woulfe, Mar 23, 2007.

  1. John Woulfe

    John Woulfe Guest

    Hi Guys ,

    I'm looking for a resolution on the following error message in my event
    viewer i'm using Vista X64.......

    WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.

    Network Adapter: Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network
    Adapter
    Interface GUID: {B9100248-5D63-41C8-****-*********}
    Connection Mode: Automatic connection with a profile
    Profile Name: BEAST
    SSID: BEAST
    BSS Type: Infrastructure
    Failure Reason:Driver disconnected while associating.

    - System

    - Provider

    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig
    [ Guid] {9580d7dd-0379-4658-****-************}

    EventID 8002

    Version 0

    Level 2

    Task 0

    Opcode 0

    Keywords 0x8000000000000000

    - TimeCreated

    [ SystemTime] 2007-03-23T20:17:08.588Z

    EventRecordID 629

    Correlation

    - Execution

    [ ProcessID] 460 SVCHOST.EXE
    [ ThreadID] 4400

    Channel Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig/Operational

    Computer badboy-PC

    - Security

    [ UserID] S-1-5-18

    - EventData

    InterfaceGuid {B9100248-5D63-41C8-****-************}
    InterfaceDescription Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0
    Network Adapter
    ConnectionMode Automatic connection with a profile
    ProfileName BEAST
    SSID BEAST
    BSSType Infrastructure
    FailureReason Driver disconnected while associating.
    ConnectionId 0x2

    Seems to be a driver issue to me but its the only driver out for Vista X64
    is there any resolution to the issue.

    My wireless connection drops out to red icon and i have to disable and then
    enable the wireless connection to get a connection again, Some times when i
    try disable the conn it locks up and pc has to be rebooted.

    any advice welcome :)

    Thanks
    John

    John Woulfe, Mar 23, 2007

  2. Hi
    You might have Driver problems.
    As far as I know the Vista x64 Drivers are not yet available for the 8187
    chipset.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 24, 2007