    I replace the home LAN with a rev CAT cable interconnecting the computers,
    everthing is fine. Is there a way to configure my setup so that the main
    computer's ICS is only via the WI-FI??

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVlcHk=?=, Dec 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVlcHk=?=

    Bill Whipple Guest

    Hi, "Jeepy" -

    You have a classic routing issue, which can probably be fixed with a
    properly configured set of network addresses, routes and default gateways.

    Your computers will know what is directly connected to them on their local
    segment from the IP address and netmask on their network interface. You add
    routes to tell the systems where to send packets addressed to other segments
    that are not local (directly connected). The Default Gateway tells the
    computer where to send packets for "everything else", like the Internet.
    Each computer should have only one default gateway.

    Without knowing exactly how your network is wired and wirelessly connected
    together - the topology - and what the addresses, netmasks, routes and
    gateways you currently have set up are it is difficult to give you any
    useful advice.

    I would recommend either you get help from someone local who understands
    networks and routing or that you take a look through some of the articles on
    setting up networks and reconfigure yours similarly.

    You may want to look at:

    http://www.itcsg.com/Tech/Tech.shtml

    and read through the articles on

    Building a Wireless Small Office or Home Network
    and
    Building a Simple LAN

    HTH,
    --
    WLW

    Bill Whipple, Dec 12, 2005

  3. Thanks Bill for your great reply. Further research has let me to the binding
    order of network adapters of NIC. I am going to try to change the binding
    order first and I'll let you know how I make out.
    Jeepy

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVlcHk=?=, Dec 12, 2005