    One wired printer

    By the way, the internet light on my cable modem is always blinking. The
    cable company says it's normal.

    =?Utf-8?B?Ui1EdWI=?=, Dec 30, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Ui1EdWI=?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    the CM wil do through ARP & ack traffic.
    the wlan will also cause it beacons amoungst other things.
    nothing to worry about.

    if you really want to make sure it is not being used, then use the 'known
    mac addreses only' option for connections

    mike

    "R-Dub" <> wrote in message
    > My WLAN blinks even when all PC's are off. The cadence is consistant.
    > Should I be worried about this. Does this indicated someone is on my

    network?

    mikeFNB, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Thanks Mike! I had already made sure the SSID is not being broadcast.
    Next, I'll permit only the MAC address for my notebook.

    =?Utf-8?B?Ui1EdWI=?=, Dec 30, 2004