WLAN connecting problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Eric, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    hello

    I have this problem :

    I have 2 laptop, 1 wlan pcmcia card and 1 wlan access point.

    With my first laptop, everything is ok

    The problem is with my 2nd laptop. When I connect the same Pcmcia Card on
    this pc, it sees the network, but he receive an adress IP that is not on the
    range of the network !? even the subnet mask is not the one of the network
    the one it get : 255.255.0.0 - the subnet mask of the network :
    255.255.255.0)
    The wireless Lan SSID that it recognize is the correct one.

    Both laptop are in winxppro sp2

    Does anyone have an idea ?

    thanks a lot for your help.

    Eric