    equipment and will not allow me to do it.

    What the hell is going on? If anyone can help it will be extremely greatly
    appretiated. Please save me from throwing the computer out of the window!

    Gaztopher, Jan 7, 2008

  2. Gaztopher

    Jim Guest

    "Gaztopher" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi. I hope someone out there can help me.
    >
    > I turned on my pc this morning and my wireless connection had disappeared.
    > reinstalled the software for the adapter and the driver and it worked at
    > first but was struggling to connect. I tried agin and now windows will not
    > recognise that the adapter is a wlan adapter. I can find it under device
    > manager under the USB root hub - displayed as unknown device. I've tried
    > changing USB ports to no avail. When I pull it out and put it back in it
    > just
    > says unknown device (normally it goes to found new hardware wizard). I try
    > add the hardware manually using the (correct) driver from the disk
    > supplied
    > with the adapter and it tells me that the driver is not associated with
    > this
    > equipment and will not allow me to do it.
    >
    > What the hell is going on? If anyone can help it will be extremely greatly
    > appretiated. Please save me from throwing the computer out of the window!

    I would just throw the adapter out the window. This sounds like broken
    hardware.
    Jim

    Jim, Jan 7, 2008

  3. Gaztopher

    Gaztopher Guest

    Thanks Jim. I forgot to mention that I tried the adapter on another pc and
    it's fine. I also tried other usb devices on the various ports and they
    worked fine. Cheers though!

    Gaztopher, Jan 7, 2008
  4. Hi
    Before you reinstall Uninstall/Delete the ghost entries,
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#ghost
    Get the latest drivers from the manufacturer and try again.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 8, 2008