    fine and I cant imagine that new hardware wizard keeps popping up coz of the
    new adapter. Thnx for any info or advice.

    Peter

    Peter, Sep 9, 2005

  2. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Peter" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I installed a new graphics adapter, disconnected all cables for hardware
    > install convenience. After the install I plugged in all cables again, the
    > graphics adapter installed without any problems, but after reboot it said
    > 'new hardware detected', my USB webcam and my USB Hauppauge TV card. I
    > reinstalled both items, but 'wizard new hardware' kept popping up. I
    > UNinstalled both devices, did a registry cleanup, rebooted, and

    reinstalled
    > them again, but Win XP keeps reporting 'new hardware detected' and none of
    > the mentioned devices is working. Weird thing is that my USB printer works
    > fine without any reinstall. I run Windows XP Pro Corporate on an AMD

    Athlon
    > XP 2200+. The new graphics card is a Club3d Ati Radeon 9250 128MB. It runs
    > fine and I cant imagine that new hardware wizard keeps popping up coz of

    the
    > new adapter. Thnx for any info or advice.
    >
    > Peter

    Ps; when I try installing through the wizard it hangs, doesnt matter which
    way I try, auto or manual, and I have to use task manager to stop the wizard
    from looking for drivers ... needless to say i have the corresponding disk
    in my cd-drive.

    Peter, Sep 9, 2005

  3. Peter

    Phantom Guest

    Can you unplug ALL USB devices, and reboot system? Then plug in each device
    one at a time? This may help....

    Phantom, Sep 9, 2005
  4. Peter

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 20:27:02 +0200, "Peter" <> wrote:

    >"Peter" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I installed a new graphics adapter, disconnected all cables for hardware
    >> install convenience. After the install I plugged in all cables again, the
    >> graphics adapter installed without any problems, but after reboot it said
    >> 'new hardware detected', my USB webcam and my USB Hauppauge TV card. I
    >> reinstalled both items, but 'wizard new hardware' kept popping up. I
    >> UNinstalled both devices, did a registry cleanup, rebooted, and

    >reinstalled
    >> them again, but Win XP keeps reporting 'new hardware detected' and none of
    >> the mentioned devices is working. Weird thing is that my USB printer works
    >> fine without any reinstall. I run Windows XP Pro Corporate on an AMD

    >Athlon
    >> XP 2200+. The new graphics card is a Club3d Ati Radeon 9250 128MB. It runs
    >> fine and I cant imagine that new hardware wizard keeps popping up coz of

    >the
    >> new adapter. Thnx for any info or advice.
    >>
    >> Peter

    >Ps; when I try installing through the wizard it hangs, doesnt matter which
    >way I try, auto or manual, and I have to use task manager to stop the wizard
    >from looking for drivers ... needless to say i have the corresponding disk
    >in my cd-drive.

    Right-click "My Computer", Properties, Hardware tab, "Device Manager" button.
    Right-click the items with the exclamation or question mark, "Update Driver", check the box,
    "Install from a list or specific... etc", "Next", check the box, "Don't search...etc.", "Next",
    and click the button, "Have disk", point it to the CD...

    Unk, Sep 10, 2005
  5. Peter

    Peter Guest

    thnx. I tried that, seems I got the webcam working, but the usb TV card
    keeps popping up as new hardware. I installed all new drivers of any device
    that is involved, but it looks to me like some conflict between graphics
    adapter and usb tv card......

    Peter, Sep 12, 2005