    machine so I can share files and printers? I have the network set up and can
    access the internet on the laptop, I just can't get to any of the files on
    the old machine. HELP!! E-mail is . THANKS!!!
    =?Utf-8?B?U21pdGhlcmVlbg==?=, Apr 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U21pdGhlcmVlbg==?=

    Rob D Guest

    "Smithereen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm setting up a wireless network for the first time and have run into a
    > problem. I just got a new Dell laptop that unfortunatley doesn't have a
    > floppy drive. It also had Windows XP preloaded. When I get to the part
    > of
    > the Network Setup Wizard where it says that to set up other computers with
    > Windows 98 SE on them, I have to either create a Wizard Disk or insert a
    > Windows XP disk in order to do this, I'm screwed!!! Is there any way to
    > create this Wizard Disk and burn to a CD, or could someone e-mail the
    > files
    > from a Wizard Disk they've created so that I can run this on my Windows 98
    > machine so I can share files and printers? I have the network set up and
    > can
    > access the internet on the laptop, I just can't get to any of the files on
    > the old machine. HELP!! E-mail is . THANKS!!!

    Bit confused about which machine is which from your post, but could you not
    just insert a USB flash disk?

    Rob
    Rob D, Apr 21, 2005

  3. hey Rob,

    You would think it would be that simple, but unfortunately, it will only
    allow you to create the Wizard Disk onto a floppy. It won't recognize my
    flash drive or my CD-RW drive for this purpose. Thanks for trying!

    KS

    =?Utf-8?B?U21pdGhlcmVlbg==?=, Apr 21, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U21pdGhlcmVlbg==?=

    Michael Guest

    > I'm setting up a wireless network for the first time and have run into a
    > problem. I just got a new Dell laptop that unfortunatley doesn't have a
    > floppy drive. It also had Windows XP preloaded. When I get to the part
    > of
    > the Network Setup Wizard where it says that to set up other computers with
    > Windows 98 SE on them, I have to either create a Wizard Disk or insert a
    > Windows XP disk in order to do this, I'm screwed!!! Is there any way to
    > create this Wizard Disk and burn to a CD, or could someone e-mail the
    > files
    > from a Wizard Disk they've created so that I can run this on my Windows 98
    > machine so I can share files and printers? I have the network set up and
    > can
    > access the internet on the laptop, I just can't get to any of the files on
    > the old machine. HELP!! E-mail is . THANKS!!!

    Have you tried just skipping that step? I've got a home network with 3
    wireless machines (1 is W98) and did not bother with the wizard disk.

    mike
    Michael, Apr 23, 2005