    Sipgate?

    Cheers,
    Chris

    Chris Davies, May 5, 2006

  2. "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've been doing my head in for a month on this at the moment (ticket
    > 19096451; clearly it's doing in the heads of several CSAs too).
    >
    > When I make a call with PlusTalk (PlusNet's VoIP SIP product) my CLI is
    > withheld. When I make a call with Sipgate it isn't.
    >
    > The latest suggestion from PlusNet is to "change the settings in your
    > router", which when I enquired further was made on the assumption I had
    > a VoIP router.
    >
    > Is there really anything that I can do to get the PlusNet SIP gateway to
    > present (useful) CLI on outgoing calls? If so what setting should I
    > be looking for, and how come it needs tweaking for PlusNet but not for
    > Sipgate?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Chris

    Hi - I have just started using PlusTalk today and found this very problem
    with my first call. The person I tried to ring has his phone set to reject
    anonymous numbers and so I can't get through using X-Lite and PlusTalk - any
    advice anyone?

    R.Daneel Olivaw, May 5, 2006

  3. R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
    > "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message
    >> I've been doing my head in for a month on this at the moment (ticket
    >> 19096451; clearly it's doing in the heads of several CSAs too).
    >>
    >> When I make a call with PlusTalk (PlusNet's VoIP SIP product) my CLI is
    >> withheld. When I make a call with Sipgate it isn't.
    >>
    >> The latest suggestion from PlusNet is to "change the settings in your
    >> router", which when I enquired further was made on the assumption I had
    >> a VoIP router.
    >>
    >> Is there really anything that I can do to get the PlusNet SIP gateway to
    >> present (useful) CLI on outgoing calls? If so what setting should I
    >> be looking for, and how come it needs tweaking for PlusNet but not for
    >> Sipgate?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Chris

    > Hi - I have just started using PlusTalk today and found this very problem
    > with my first call. The person I tried to ring has his phone set to reject
    > anonymous numbers and so I can't get through using X-Lite and PlusTalk - any
    > advice anyone?

    Due to the peering between us and our VOIP partners, I don't believe
    this is possible at present.

    Regards,

    --
    + ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

    Plusnet Support Team, May 5, 2006
  4. "Plusnet Support Team" <> wrote in message
    > R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
    >> "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message
    >>> I've been doing my head in for a month on this at the moment (ticket
    >>> 19096451; clearly it's doing in the heads of several CSAs too).
    >>>
    >>> When I make a call with PlusTalk (PlusNet's VoIP SIP product) my CLI is
    >>> withheld. When I make a call with Sipgate it isn't.
    >>>
    >>> The latest suggestion from PlusNet is to "change the settings in your
    >>> router", which when I enquired further was made on the assumption I had
    >>> a VoIP router.
    >>>
    >>> Is there really anything that I can do to get the PlusNet SIP gateway to
    >>> present (useful) CLI on outgoing calls? If so what setting should I
    >>> be looking for, and how come it needs tweaking for PlusNet but not for
    >>> Sipgate?
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>> Chris

    >> Hi - I have just started using PlusTalk today and found this very problem
    >> with my first call. The person I tried to ring has his phone set to
    >> reject anonymous numbers and so I can't get through using X-Lite and
    >> PlusTalk - any advice anyone?
    >>

    > Due to the peering between us and our VOIP partners, I don't believe this
    > is possible at present.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > |Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
    > |Training & Project Liaison Home & Business @
    > |PlusNet plc www.plus.net
    > + ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

    Hmm - on a quick tot up about a third of the people I ring rejects anonymous
    numbers!

    R.Daneel Olivaw, May 5, 2006
  5. Chris Davies

    Joker7 Guest

    : R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
    : > "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : >> I've been doing my head in for a month on this at the moment (ticket
    :<big snip>
    :
    : Due to the peering between us and our VOIP partners, I don't believe
    : this is possible at present.
    :
    : Regards,
    :
    : --
    : |Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
    : |Training & Project Liaison Home & Business @
    : |PlusNet plc www.plus.net
    : + ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

    As always a non-committed answer,If this is so should this be something you
    should take up with your partners?

    Chris

    --
    Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

    Joker7, May 6, 2006
  6. Chris Davies

    Chris Davies Guest

    Plusnet Support Team <> wrote:
    > Due to the peering between us and our VOIP partners, I don't believe
    > this is possible at present.

    OK, thanks Bob.

    Could you please advise your CS Team of this fact. The several who have
    contributed to my ticket 19096451 are convinced it's a problem on my side.

    Secondly, please would you take this up with your VoIP Partner(s);
    no-one should really need to be presenting Withheld these days.

    Many thanks,
    Chris

    Chris Davies, May 6, 2006