wishlist? Decrufting bookmark/fav manager

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Splibbilla, Nov 11, 2005.

  1. Splibbilla

    Splibbilla Guest

    a few times a year, i've cleansed my bookmarks. this time, about 17k knocked out of 680k. No way to know what % needed
    decrufting and what % were remaining from previous cleansings.

    -------------
    some samples of google cruft found in bookmarks:

    the first of those two 'hybrid crufts' look to be the result of my editing by mass search&replace :)
    i use &btn as a stubphrase to find variations
    &sa=Google+Search
    looks to be a mangling of &sa=N or &sa=G or other variation plus &btnG=Google+Search

    so i must have clicked 'replace' at the wrong moment, once or twice :)

    the second hybrid cruft is an odd mix of encoded and not encoded. hemi-encoded url-cruft?
    &tab=wg

    -------------
    the url-encoded (?) cruft is harder for human {1} eyeballs to see.
    %26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26tab%3Dwg
    hl%3Den%26lr%3Dlang_en%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26

    breakout a few:
    %26sa%3DN &sa=N
    %26sa%3DG &sa=G
    %26hl%3Den &hl=en
    %26lr%3D &lr=

    not that we should begin a list of standard url-cruft craft, nonono :)

    also, a (decrufted) link to the topic on the intergoogle:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=url-cruft

    --
    1 further visual testing with dolphins, orangutans, and bats may be necessary

    Splibbilla, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Splibbilla

    thunder7 Guest

    So how many fav's/bookmarks do you have?
    I collect other's bookmarks and give your name, as credit for your
    finds.

    I Personally have 30,000+ adding all I have found to a db.

    I have also designed a fav/bookmark app, just looking for a programmer
    to code it.
    A favorites with a built in 'Search Engine'
    thunder7

    thunder7, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Splibbilla

    Adam Piggott Guest

    Adam Piggott, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Splibbilla

    Splibbilla Guest

    Adam Piggott <> in news:43747b90$0$38038$:

    > semi-sensible sentences and you've been got by it :)

    heh

    --
    'heh' is my autoreplier of course

    Splibbilla, Nov 13, 2005