    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Feb 28, 2011

  2. mmyvusenet

    Irwell Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:56:05 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Recently I took this photo in the Historic Center of Lima:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5484611234/
    >
    > This is the well into the house of Saint Rose of Lima, where according the
    > history, she dropped the key from her cilice.
    >
    > And now people stop there falling letters to Saint Rose.
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.

    Seems to be a busy picture, the eye keeps wanting to
    wander around the scene looking at what the various people are
    up to, rather like one of those old paintings by Hieronymous Bosch.

    Irwell, Feb 28, 2011

  3. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >Hello:
    >Recently I took this photo in the Historic Center of Lima:
    >http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5484611234/
    >This is the well into the house of Saint Rose of Lima, where according the
    >history, she dropped the key from her cilice.
    >And now people stop there falling letters to Saint Rose.
    >Thanks for your comments.

    Truly a multi award winning shot.

    You can see all the awards it has gained on the Flickr page. ;-)

    Bruce, Mar 1, 2011
  4. mmyvusenet

    MC Guest

    Bruce wrote:

    > "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > > Hello:
    > > Recently I took this photo in the Historic Center of Lima:
    > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5484611234/
    > > This is the well into the house of Saint Rose of Lima, where
    > > according the history, she dropped the key from her cilice.
    > > And now people stop there falling letters to Saint Rose.
    > > Thanks for your comments.

    > Truly a multi award winning shot.
    >
    > You can see all the awards it has gained on the Flickr page. ;-)

    Farcical. Absolutely farcical.

    Ho Hum!

    MC

    MC, Mar 2, 2011
  5. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Irwell" escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:gd7ync9nhrnv$.1oohmbvlji4l1$...

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:56:05 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:

    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Recently I took this photo in the Historic Center of Lima:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5484611234/
    >>
    >> This is the well into the house of Saint Rose of Lima, where according
    >> the
    >> history, she dropped the key from her cilice.
    >>
    >> And now people stop there falling letters to Saint Rose.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.

    > Seems to be a busy picture, the eye keeps wanting to
    > wander around the scene looking at what the various people are
    > up to, rather like one of those old paintings by Hieronymous Bosch.

    Hello Irwell, I also took this photo near the intersection of streets:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5492124069/

    I find it interesting as background appears.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Mar 3, 2011
  6. mmyvusenet

    PeterN Guest

    On 2/28/2011 3:03 PM, Irwell wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:56:05 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Recently I took this photo in the Historic Center of Lima:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5484611234/

    <snip>

    > Seems to be a busy picture, the eye keeps wanting to
    > wander around the scene looking at what the various people are
    > up to, rather like one of those old paintings by Hieronymous Bosch.

    Not even a close comparison. With Bosch the beauty was in the simplicity
    each of of the many portions combining and relating, in an abstraction.
    I guess I am missing seeing that in the subject image. BTW I am not a
    fan of Bosh, but appreciate his work.
    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Mar 3, 2011