    Are there any updates as to when Vol.5 will be released or has
    StudioWorks folded?
    Thanks in advance
    Film Buff, Jun 30, 2006

  2. Film Buff

    Guest

    Re:"Wiseguy" - Any information on the rest of the series being rel...

    I'm a big 'Wiseguy' fan and have all 4 sets. About a year ago, I
    actually called Studioworks, and the dude told me they were only
    releasing Vols 1-4. Arcs like the Dead Dog records and other won't be
    relased by them, if at all. He didn't say why and I'm not so sure that
    they folded - but he said the only way the rest of the series might ever
    be released is through Cannell himself. And his website hasn't been
    updated for a long time..........
    , Jun 30, 2006

  3. Film Buff

    JP Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:13:17 -0500, Film Buff <>
    wrote:

    >I know that it has been almost a year since Vol. 4 of "Wiseguy was
    >released
    >Are there any updates as to when Vol.5 will be released or has
    >StudioWorks folded?
    >Thanks in advance

    Is it only the debbie Harry / Dead Dog arc that's missing from
    the first 4 volumes?
    JP, Jun 30, 2006
  4. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    Re: "Wiseguy" - Any information on the rest of the series being rel...

    THanks for the info
    Gee I hate to have an incomplete series - Sure hope comeone releases
    it

    Film Buff, Jun 30, 2006
  5. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    I believe that might be the arc,
    but here is a list of the missing episodes from Season 3 and 4

    60. 3-16 14 Feb 90 A One Horse Town
    61. 3-17 7 Mar 90 His Master's Voice
    62. 3-18 14 Mar 90 Hello Buckwheat
    63. 3-19 21 Mar 90 Let Them Eat Cake
    64. 3-20 28 Mar 90 Meltdown
    65. 3-21 11 Apr 90 Sanctuary
    66. 3-22 18 Apr 90 Brrump-Bump

    4th Season 1990
    67. 4- 1 10 Nov 90 Fruit of the Poisonous Tree (1)
    68. 4- 2 10 Nov 90 Fruit of the Poisonous Tree (2)
    69. 4- 3 17 Nov 90 Black Gold
    70. 4- 4 24 Nov 90 The Gift
    71. 4- 5 1 Dec 90 La Mina
    72. 4- 6 8 Dec 90 Witness Protection for the Archangel Lucifer
    73. 4- 7 UNAIRED Point of No Return
    74. 4- 8 UNAIRED Dead Right
    75. 4- 9 UNAIRED Changing Houses

    Film Buff, Jul 1, 2006
  6. Re: "Wiseguy" - Any information on the rest of the series being rel...

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I'm a big 'Wiseguy' fan and have all 4 sets. About a year ago, I
    > actually called Studioworks, and the dude told me they were only
    > releasing Vols 1-4. Arcs like the Dead Dog records and other won't be
    > relased by them, if at all. He didn't say why and I'm not so sure that
    > they folded - but he said the only way the rest of the series might ever
    > be released is through Cannell himself. And his website hasn't been
    > updated for a long time..........

    HDNet has been running the series. I saw them all until they started to
    repeat. I put them on Tivo, but it never occurred to me to save them to
    DVD.

    --
    Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883
    bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac]
    Robert Peirce, Jul 1, 2006
  7. Film Buff

    jayembee Guest

    Film Buff <> wrote:

    >> Is it only the debbie Harry / Dead Dog arc that's missing from
    >> the first 4 volumes?

    There's one other missing arc, which is...

    > I believe that might be the arc,
    > but here is a list of the missing episodes from Season 3 and 4
    >
    > 60. 3-16 14 Feb 90 A One Horse Town
    > 61. 3-17 7 Mar 90 His Master's Voice
    > 62. 3-18 14 Mar 90 Hello Buckwheat
    > 63. 3-19 21 Mar 90 Let Them Eat Cake
    > 64. 3-20 28 Mar 90 Meltdown
    > 65. 3-21 11 Apr 90 Sanctuary
    > 66. 3-22 18 Apr 90 Brrump-Bump

    ....this set of episodes, which comprised the arc that was essentially
    a goof on TWIN PEAKS (which hadn't actually started yet), and which
    Roger Lococco had to take over for Vinnie when Vinnie flips out
    and goes AWOL for a while.

    Also, episode 3x14: "To Die in Bettendorf" is missing. It's one of
    the one-off filler episodes, but given that it deals with what
    happened to Sid the Accountant, I'm surprised that it wasn't one
    of the bonus episodes in the first set.

    > 4th Season 1990
    > 67. 4- 1 10 Nov 90 Fruit of the Poisonous Tree (1)
    > 68. 4- 2 10 Nov 90 Fruit of the Poisonous Tree (2)
    > 69. 4- 3 17 Nov 90 Black Gold
    > 70. 4- 4 24 Nov 90 The Gift
    > 71. 4- 5 1 Dec 90 La Mina
    > 72. 4- 6 8 Dec 90 Witness Protection for the
    > Archangel Lucifer 73. 4- 7 UNAIRED Point of No
    > Return 74. 4- 8 UNAIRED Dead Right
    > 75. 4- 9 UNAIRED Changing Houses

    And just to be complete, there's also the sequel movie with Vinnie
    that was made and aired in 1996.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Jul 6, 2006
  8. Film Buff

    jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm a big 'Wiseguy' fan and have all 4 sets. About a year ago, I
    > actually called Studioworks, and the dude told me they were only
    > releasing Vols 1-4. Arcs like the Dead Dog records and other won't
    > be relased by them, if at all. He didn't say why and I'm not so
    > sure that they folded

    I don't believe they folded, but I believe they are now called
    something else (Sterling, if I recall correctly).

    > - but he said the only way the rest of the series might ever
    > be released is through Cannell himself. And his website hasn't
    > been updated for a long time..........

    If Studioworks/Sterling relinquishes claims to the title, there's
    theoretically no reason why Anchor Bay couldn't pick it up to
    go along with the rest of their Cannell titles. Presumably, it
    was because Studioworks already had the license for this show
    that it wasn't included in the Anchor Bay package.

    On the other hand, with the exception of WISEGUY and PROFIT (and
    STINGRAY would be another, if it was ever released on DVD), I've
    sworn off getting any of the Cannell series on DVD because they
    (a) often use edited syndicated versions of the episodes, and
    (b) do egregious music substitution.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Jul 6, 2006