    its an oldie, and toshiba dont have WPA-PSK drivers for it...

    any ideas how to get third party or new drivers to make this one work?

    thanks

    Agemo, Aug 31, 2006

  2. Agemo

    Andy Webb Guest

    Re: IP addresses and 2 NIC

    I hope someone can offer some advice here, because I'm getting some what
    confused with all this.

    I've got 2 network cards in my computer, one is wired to a HUB along
    with a number of other computers.

    The second card is wireless, which I'm using solely to connect to the
    internet through a wireless HUB.

    This is all working fine but I'm not happy about my network addresses.

    The wireless network obtains it's IP address automatically from the
    wireless HUB.

    The wired network I set the IP address manually and it's here that I
    have the problem, I can only get
    all this to work if I use 192.168.0.1 subnet 255.255.255.0 as the wired
    IP address. Why can I not use
    lets say 192.168.1.10 for my wired network, do I need to change my
    subnet as well?

    I have no doubt I'm not the first with this question but I've spent days
    messing with this,
    any help or advice would be most welcomed.

    Thanks

    Andy

    Andy Webb, Aug 31, 2006

  3. Agemo

    Andy Webb Guest

    IP addresses when using 2 NICs

    My apologies if this turns into a double posting but I had trouble
    sending the first message.

    Anyway I hope someone can offer some advice here, because I'm getting

    Andy Webb, Aug 31, 2006
  4. Agemo

    Andy Webb Guest

    Sorry about my cross posting here, I've know idea how this has happened,
    just not my day.

    Andy Webb

    Andy Webb, Aug 31, 2006
  5. Hi
    The level of security is Not just a matter of drivers. The chipset of the
    card need to support it as well.
    If it is an old card it might be that WPA is not supported by the hardware.
    Few old cards can be upgraded by flashing new firmware. Log to the support
    page of your hardware, and see if an upgrade firmware is offered for the
    card.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 31, 2006