Wirless DSL problem question

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by bsuma, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. bsuma

    bsuma Guest

    Hello ,

    Pease find a solution with me on this problem:

    I have a Clint has a PC with DSL line and external ZEKSL modem, He has
    also laptop with wirless LAN.

    The PC has Network card, and we buy a 5 port switch and access point
    ZEKSL too.

    The idea that he want the PC to send the DSL connection to the laptop
    wirless so he can access the internet from any room by his laptop.

    .. So i start by linking a cable between the modem and the WAN port in
    the switch.

    .. Link a cable from the switch to the Network card in the PC.

    .. And finally, Link a cable from the switch to the access point.

    After finish and start to test, The laptop recognize the connection
    without any problem and i can browse the internet easily.

    The problem i have now that the PC itself stop browsing the internet
    any more !! and he was working before. (I mean the IE cannnot find ANY
    page)

    .. I tried to link again from the modem direct to the Network card ..but
    sometimes it work and sometimes no !!
    .. I buy another Network card ..but it did not work.

    Can any one support me please on how to make the PC surfing the Net
    successfully and by the way how can i share all files & folders between
    the PC and notebook.

    Best Regards,
    Bassem

    bsuma, Jul 19, 2005

  2. bsuma

    Clark Guest

    How are you setting up the IP addresses for the computers? If you open a
    command window and type ipconfig /all you will see the IP address and
    Gateway address and DNS addresses. You might tell what addresses you are
    showing.

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Does your switch support NAT? If support, you should specify the private IP
    address for PC and AP or use a DHCP to assign the IP for them.
    And you need also configuration the swtich to specify port for PC and also
    port for AP. If the default is all traffic passed to the prot where AP
    connected, the PC then cannot access internet.

    So please check NAT, and check the port configuration of the switch.
    Another thing is that DSL need some time to get an IP address for Internet
    from your ISP and it may need MAC address. So whatever modem direct to the
    Network card or to switch, unplug the DSL power line and plug again to make
    it like a reboot.

    Yongping Tang, Jul 25, 2005