    receiving a good signal. Neither workstations can connect to the internet.
    My WEP settings are disabled on both ends. Could there be a conflict between
    Windows Wireless Network and the Microsoft Broadband Network?
    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIEc=?=, Jul 6, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIEc=?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    It is hard to understand how to whole thing is connected? Two Modem?

    A typical Home Network Sharing the Internet should look like this:
    http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

    Hopefully you have one computer that is connected to the base station with a wire.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#onewire

    Seeing signal in the Wireless configuration application, or reading somewhere in the
    system that you are connected does not mean that you actually have a functional Wireless
    Network.

    A simple way to ascertain that you have a connection is to try to use the Internet
    Browser in a Wireless Client to find out if you can connect to the Router's (Access
    Point) web menus (see your hardware manual for the Router's IP Address log in and
    password).

    Wireless - Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jul 6, 2005

  3. Jack, thanks for the quick response. I'll clarify the situatin then go back
    and review the links you sent to try them out. I have a microsoft wireless
    mn-500 base station connected to my broadband modem. I have an mn-510
    wireless usb modem on a computer in another room. According to the Broadband
    Network software, it mn-510 is receiving a good signal and shows the
    connection to my base. I can open the basestation management tool, but I
    cannot access any pages on the internet. Does that help clear up my set up?

    Thanks again.
    Bob

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIEc=?=, Jul 7, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIEc=?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    The confusion stems from you referring to your Wireless Client card (mn-510) as a Modem.
    Your system consist of; Broad Band Modem, Wireless Cable/DSl Router and Wireless Client
    (mn-510).
    The links in my above post should help you to solve the problem.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jul 7, 2005