    network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 11 ascii characters or 10
    or 26 hexadecimal characters"
    What does this mean? Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEJvc3M=?=, Mar 31, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEJvc3M=?=

    Socrates Guest

    See http://www.amw1.com/faq/error-messages/faqs.htm

    Socrates, Mar 31, 2006

  3. Depending on what strength encryption you select for WEP, you need to make up
    a key that matches it.

    Hex keys are made up of 0-9 and A-F.

    MD

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFkRG9n?=, Apr 2, 2006
  4. RE: Wireless network key

    With your router/wifi access point you have some kind of service
    access/screens, most probably trough your web browser. In one of those
    screens you can set WEP encryption and select for ASCII or hexa. It don't
    matter which you choose as this results in a 64 bit encryption key anyway.
    For ease of copying the key you better use a 5 char ascii ! You can use any
    key you think of, just put one in there that is not to easy to figure out and
    copy it on some piece of paper. The same key (and name of the wiwi access
    point must then be entered in the wireless access settings of your notebook
    or any computer wanting to communicate with the key protected wifi access
    point.

    =?Utf-8?B?cGN3aXRjaA==?=, Jun 4, 2006