    stripe brown
    brown

    ciao
    toxic, Aug 26, 2004

    Doom, Aug 26, 2004

    > ciao

    http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/cat5_cables_.htm

    steve.
    molsonexpert, Aug 26, 2004
  4. toxic

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "toxic" <> wrote in message
    news:09df01c48b73$51029480$...

    Try to pick one handle and stick to it, otherwise people don't know who's
    who.

    > when the pins are upside ; does it go
    > into the RJ45 from left
    >
    > strip green
    > green
    > stripe orange
    > blue
    > stripe blue
    > orange
    > stripe brown
    > brown

    W/Orange
    Orange
    W/Green
    Blue
    W/Blue
    Green
    W/Brown
    Brown

    Now learn to use Google or a book if you want to learn how to make a
    crossover cable.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Aug 26, 2004
  5. toxic

    Brian Guest

    "D" <> wrote
    <binary snipped>

    Please don't post binaries to a non-binary group.
    Brian, Aug 26, 2004
  6. toxic

    Brian Guest

    "toxic" <> wrote
    > when the pins are upside ; does it go
    > into the RJ45 from left
    >
    > strip green
    > green
    > stripe orange
    > blue
    > stripe blue
    > orange
    > stripe brown
    > brown

    Yes, but it doesn't really matter as long as you wire both ends the same.
    Brian, Aug 26, 2004
  7. toxic

    kpg Guest

    "Brian" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\143199.htm (8/26/2004 3:49:37

    PM) #
    > "D" <> wrote
    > <binary snipped>
    >
    > Please don't post binaries to a non-binary group.

    I kinda liked it.

    --
    kpg A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    The new USA motto:
    kpg, Aug 26, 2004
  8. toxic

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:43:43 -0400, Brian extemporised:

    > "toxic" <> wrote
    >> when the pins are upside ; does it go into the RJ45 from left
    >>
    >> strip green
    >> green
    >> stripe orange
    >> blue
    >> stripe blue
    >> orange
    >> stripe brown
    >> brown

    > Yes, but it doesn't really matter as long as you wire both ends the same.

    It does if you come along later and try to troubleshoot an installation.

    BTDT, and tore the t-shirt to shreds in frustration.

    JaR
    JaR, Aug 26, 2004
  9. toxic

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\143198.htm (8/26/2004 3:49:42

    PM) #
    > "toxic" <> wrote
    > > when the pins are upside ; does it go
    > > into the RJ45 from left
    > >
    > > strip green
    > > green
    > > stripe orange
    > > blue
    > > stripe blue
    > > orange
    > > stripe brown
    > > brown

    > Yes, but it doesn't really matter as long as you wire both ends the same.

    I don't think color should even be a consideration. Does it really
    matter if the green wire has move signal than the brown wire, and it
    the stripped wires are half colored or half white? When we all work
    together the data gets through. That is what's important.

    --
    kp "color blind" g A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    The new USA motto:
    kpg, Aug 26, 2004

  10. >>

    >I don't think color should even be a consideration. Does

    it really
    >matter if the green wire has move signal than the brown

    wire, and it
    >the stripped wires are half colored or half white? When

    we all work
    >together the data gets through. That is what's important.

    Yeah... go ahead and splice them all together... Sure.. it
    won't hurt nothin'... they all work together anyway...
    Keyboard Cowboy, Aug 26, 2004
  11. toxic

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:04:15 -0500, kpg extemporised:

    > I don't think color should even be a consideration. Does it really matter
    > if the green wire has move signal than the brown wire, and it the stripped
    > wires are half colored or half white? When we all work together the data
    > gets through. That is what's important.

    I sense a theme to these posts...

    JaR
    Sensitive Thug
    JaR, Aug 26, 2004
  12. toxic

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Aug 26, 2004 "kpg" blathered:

    > "Brian" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\143199.htm (8/26/2004 3:49:37

    > PM) #
    >> "D" <> wrote
    >> <binary snipped>
    >>
    >> Please don't post binaries to a non-binary group.
    >>

    > I kinda liked it.

    Unlike Consultant's "blowin' mud" pic?

    --
    TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
    MCNGP.com - "We're here to help!"
    TechGeekPro, Aug 27, 2004
  13. toxic

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "kpg" <> spewed in news:
    #:

    > I don't think color should even be a consideration.

    I couldn't agree more...I hate em all

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30 Equal Oprrotunity Thug
    Neil, Aug 27, 2004
  14. toxic

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again TechGeekPro <%username%@gmail.com> spewed in

    > Unlike Consultant's "blowin' mud" pic?

    will you guys stop dredging that up....
    oh, here comes breakfast again...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Aug 27, 2004
  15. toxic

    Brian Guest

    "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote
    > Unlike Consultant's "blowin' mud" pic?

    Just trying to educate the newbie.

    Consultant is the exception to the rule. Just not sure which rule that is
    yet.
    Brian, Aug 27, 2004
  16. toxic

    Doom Guest

    > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote
    >> Unlike Consultant's "blowin' mud" pic?

    > Just trying to educate the newbie.
    >
    > Consultant is the exception to the rule. Just not sure which rule that is
    > yet.

    Every rule. Consultant is real.
    Doom, Aug 27, 2004
  17. toxic

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\143266.htm (8/27/2004 11:15:26

    AM) #
    > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote
    > > Unlike Consultant's "blowin' mud" pic?

    > Just trying to educate the newbie.
    >
    > Consultant is the exception to the rule. Just not sure which rule that is
    > yet.

    I'm pretty sure it's all of 'em. :-D

    --
    kpg A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    The new USA motto:
    kpg, Aug 27, 2004
  18. toxic

    D Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > "Brian" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
    > > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\143266.htm (8/27/2004 11:15:26

    > AM) #
    > > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote
    > > > Unlike Consultant's "blowin' mud" pic?

    > > Just trying to educate the newbie.
    > >
    > > Consultant is the exception to the rule. Just not sure which rule that

    is
    > > yet.

    > I'm pretty sure it's all of 'em. :-D
    >
    > --
    > kpg A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    > The new USA motto:
    > E Pluribus Pluribus

    thanks for the edumacation, I'll learn!! :)

    D, Aug 27, 2004
  19. toxic

    D Guest

    oh wait!!! I wasnt supposed to post in the middle of the string was I?
    sorry again. come to think of it, I am not supposed to be typin here at the
    top of the previous typin am I??

    BTW, I loved the "Are you guys ever helpful?" string. it inspired me to try
    to help 'the cable guy' even if i miserably failed at my NG etiquette.

    cheers all,

    D, Aug 27, 2004
  20. circa Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:02:49 GMT, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, D () said,

    > oh wait!!! I wasnt supposed to post in the middle of the string was I?

    Thread, man, thread!

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Aug 29, 2004