    Panasonic two phone set

    Thanks for any input

    Bill
    Bill, Mar 8, 2006

  2. Bill

    Malke Guest

    Bill wrote:

    > maybe a bit OT but after I set up my wireless network, I have been
    > having problems with my cordless phones which are 2.4 ghz. That's
    > right in the spectrum of the network so I have concluded that there is
    > a conflict. I get frequent telephone disconnects poor sound etc etc...
    >
    > Moving the phones around has not helped so I am going to try and get a
    > 5.8 ghz system. Question for the group...anyone using the 5.8 and have
    > any problems and would care to recommend a good brand...I am leaning
    > towards a Panasonic two phone set
    >
    > Thanks for any input
    >
    > Bill

    Why not just change the wireless channel from your router's
    configuration screen? That usually solves the problems.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Mar 8, 2006

  3. Hi
    Downgrading to 900MHz, or Upgrading to 5.8GHz solves the problem.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 8, 2006
  4. Bill

    Peter Guest

    "Bill" <> typed in

    > maybe a bit OT but after I set up my wireless network, I have been
    > having problems with my cordless phones which are 2.4 ghz. That's
    > right in the spectrum of the network so I have concluded that there is
    > a conflict. I get frequent telephone disconnects poor sound etc etc...
    >
    > Moving the phones around has not helped so I am going to try and get a
    > 5.8 ghz system. Question for the group...anyone using the 5.8 and have
    > any problems and would care to recommend a good brand...I am leaning
    > towards a Panasonic two phone set
    >
    > Thanks for any input
    >
    > Bill

    We had the same problem until we switched to 5.8 phones. No problems
    since.
    Peter, Mar 8, 2006
  5. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > "Bill" <> typed in
    >
    >> maybe a bit OT but after I set up my wireless network, I have been
    >> having problems with my cordless phones which are 2.4 ghz. That's
    >> right in the spectrum of the network so I have concluded that there is
    >> a conflict. I get frequent telephone disconnects poor sound etc etc...
    >>
    >> Moving the phones around has not helped so I am going to try and get a
    >> 5.8 ghz system. Question for the group...anyone using the 5.8 and have
    >> any problems and would care to recommend a good brand...I am leaning
    >> towards a Panasonic two phone set
    >>
    >> Thanks for any input
    >>
    >> Bill
    >>

    > We had the same problem until we switched to 5.8 phones. No problems
    > since.

    Ok thanks. I will go ahead with doing that. Just wanted a second opinion
    Bill
    Bill, Mar 8, 2006
  6. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Malke" <> wrote in message
    > Bill wrote:
    >
    >> maybe a bit OT but after I set up my wireless network, I have been
    >> having problems with my cordless phones which are 2.4 ghz. That's
    >> right in the spectrum of the network so I have concluded that there is
    >> a conflict. I get frequent telephone disconnects poor sound etc etc...
    >>
    >> Moving the phones around has not helped so I am going to try and get a
    >> 5.8 ghz system. Question for the group...anyone using the 5.8 and have
    >> any problems and would care to recommend a good brand...I am leaning
    >> towards a Panasonic two phone set
    >>
    >> Thanks for any input
    >>
    >> Bill

    > Why not just change the wireless channel from your router's
    > configuration screen? That usually solves the problems.
    >
    > Malke
    > --

    I did try that also but all channels are in the 2.4 range so it did not
    solve the problem
    Thanks
    Bill
    Bill, Mar 8, 2006
  7. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Many thanks will go to the 5.8...want a Vtech 2.4 set? LOL
    Bill

    Bill, Mar 8, 2006
  8. Bill

    I recommend you move the cordless telephone far away from wireless
    router to mitigate interference to the device. This do not solve the
    problem, cause as you know both devices works at 2.4Ghz range.

    Note: The 161 Channel works in 5.802 Ghz range on IEEE 802.11a (wireless A)
    into Americas Region. FYI

    Alejandro Segura Cernas, Mar 9, 2006
  9. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I moved it as far as I could throughout the house and it does not help.
    Still problems

    Please explain your note. I do not understand what you mean...is 5.8 also a
    problem?
    Bill

    Bill, Mar 9, 2006
  10. It´s a FYI. Some devices today like Wireless PC Cards, Wireless USB 2.0
    Adapter, Wireless Broadband Routers works on Dual Band mode, thats mean it
    works on 5Ghz (there is a port into this range that works on 5.8 Ghz
    spectrum: the 161)and 2.4Ghz Range. So keep in mind is someone near you buy
    a Dual Band Device can affect your 5.8 Ghz Cordless phone. Or if you buy a
    dual band device and a 5.8Ghz cordless phone.

    Regards.

    Alejandro Segura Cernas, Mar 10, 2006
  11. Bill

    Bill Guest