    metres of coax cable running acros sthe floor of the house, this cannot
    continue, so need to go wireless!

    Dark Lord
    Dark Lord, Aug 10, 2006

  2. Dark Lord

    Lem Guest

    Dark Lord wrote:
    > Would be grateful if someone could spare a little info on which wireless
    > router I should use to attach to my NTL modem. Currently I have 10
    > metres of coax cable running acros sthe floor of the house, this cannot
    > continue, so need to go wireless!
    >
    > Dark Lord

    Assuming that your NTL modem is connected to your computer with an
    ethernet cable (and that's my understanding of it), pretty much any of
    the "entry-level" wireless routers will work: Linksys, Netgear, D-Link,
    etc. As with any computer/electronic devices, each brand has its
    proponents and detractors. I've had good experience with Linksys, and
    if you're into customizing, get the WRT54GL (which, like the older
    versions of the WRT54G, is Linux-based) and you'll be able to use
    third-party firmware and make the hardware do all sorts of things that
    Linksys doesn't enable out of the box. See www.linksysinfo.org for details.
    Lem, Aug 11, 2006