    some airports. I get on the internet at some but not at others. When I
    arrive home I can always re-connect to my home network and the internet with
    no problems. Any ideas as to what may cause this?

    fanofthemick, Feb 23, 2009

  2. Next time, you can use tracert command to check where the traffic stops.
    then talk to the tech support.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Feb 23, 2009

  3. Hi
    Seeing strong signal ahs nothing to do with actual connection to the server
    and obtaining IP and Internet passage.
    Many hotels charge, or at least have a logon procedure even if he service is
    free.
    Do not even assume that all the Marriott, or Ramada, etc. provide the
    service under the same condition, always ask the front desk personal about
    the Connection arrangement in their specific hotel.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 23, 2009
  4. fanofthemick

    fanofthemick Guest

    This was a free service, at both the Ramada and Marriotts that I was at. I
    was connected to the Marriott server because their network help desk saw my
    system and I did have an IP address on their network.

    fanofthemick, Feb 23, 2009