    now swap files but it should work both ways.

    Gary
    , Oct 31, 2003

  2. JesseTX Guest

    Maybe enabling NetBIOS on both systems will help? Not sure, but that
    is what the book for my Linksys NIC card says to do when you encounter
    this problem.

    JesseTX, Oct 31, 2003

  3. Fred Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I was working on a home wireless network today which had two Toshiba
    > laptops each with wireles cards and the client wanted to implement
    > file sharing on each computer. I enabled file sharing on each
    > computer. One computer is a new 17" Toshiba w/XP home and the other
    > has win98. Both computers have acces to the internet through the
    > wireless DSL modem. I was able to get the XP machine to see the 98
    > machine and share files, but I was unable to get the win98 machine to
    > see the XP machine. Any suggestions? The customer is happy as they can
    > now swap files but it should work both ways.
    >
    > Gary

    Did you create a user and password on the XP machine to match a user on the
    win98 computer?
    Fred, Oct 31, 2003
  4. Guest

    >> I was working on a home wireless network today which had two Toshiba
    >> laptops each with wireles cards and the client wanted to implement
    >> file sharing on each computer. I enabled file sharing on each
    >> computer. One computer is a new 17" Toshiba w/XP home and the other
    >> has win98. Both computers have acces to the internet through the
    >> wireless DSL modem. I was able to get the XP machine to see the 98
    >> machine and share files, but I was unable to get the win98 machine to
    >> see the XP machine. Any suggestions? The customer is happy as they can
    >> now swap files but it should work both ways.
    >>
    >> Gary

    >Did you create a user and password on the XP machine to match a user on the
    >win98 computer?

    Didn't do that Fred.

    What I noticed was on the XP machine there is what appears to be a
    shared folder by default. Can someone verify this?

    Gary
    , Oct 31, 2003